Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Achievements

Concept »

Achievements are extra challenges added into video games that sometimes carry a point value or unlock bonus material, and are sometimes solely for bragging rights.

Personal Plights of DLC

InKtOiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

Edited By InKtOiD

I have no issue with DLC content. I've spent a lot more on it then I ever actually thought I would. The issue I have with DLC is when I log onto my Live Account and it updates my GamerScore to reflect the DLC Achievements.

Maybe it is just a pet peeve but I don't understand why the achievements need to be reflected onto my score, thus lowering my game/achievement ratio when I haven't actually got the DLC to even do the achievements. A good example of this is Prince of Persia. The game is lack luster at best. Repetitive as all hell and you can complete a majority of the game and only kill a handful of enemies besides the ones required (I.E. bosses).

It may just be an issue that has come to light for me recently because of how nearly every game I play has some sort of DLC that comes coupled with it. Or is released a few weeks after the game itself.

InKtOiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By InKtOiD

I have no issue with DLC content. I've spent a lot more on it then I ever actually thought I would. The issue I have with DLC is when I log onto my Live Account and it updates my GamerScore to reflect the DLC Achievements.

Maybe it is just a pet peeve but I don't understand why the achievements need to be reflected onto my score, thus lowering my game/achievement ratio when I haven't actually got the DLC to even do the achievements. A good example of this is Prince of Persia. The game is lack luster at best. Repetitive as all hell and you can complete a majority of the game and only kill a handful of enemies besides the ones required (I.E. bosses).

It may just be an issue that has come to light for me recently because of how nearly every game I play has some sort of DLC that comes coupled with it. Or is released a few weeks after the game itself.

EVHKwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By EVHKwick

I think this is an issue you've brought on yourself, to be perfectly honest. Based on your other blogs, you appear to play games for achievements first and personal pleasure second. When gaming become about GS, then yeah, DLC achievements can hamper you from achieving S-Rank. It's why my S-Rank in Fallout 3 is still unfinished to this day (though I plan on rectifying this soon).

When you stop farming GS, this problem will fade away. Ask yourself if you still had this issue before you became a GS hunter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.