Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Achievements

Concept »

Achievements are extra challenges added into video games that sometimes carry a point value or unlock bonus material, and are sometimes solely for bragging rights.

when do giant bomb-tied achievements update?

Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Evercaptor

Is it any particular time? I know I read it somewhere once but I can't find that info again.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

It usually seems to be around midnight. I don't know the exact time though.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

It's supposed to update once at some point every day, as I understand. Although, that doesn't always happen.

Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Evercaptor
    @SpikeSpiegel:  I always greet people with "good morning" because I guarentee you, it's morning somewhere. but that also applies for midnight... is it midnight Best or Beast coast? Also I respect your scott pilgrim pic, but being so late to the party I fear it'd look bad if I flew colours like that.

@JJWeatherman: I like the hat in your pic. HOLY FUCK YOU'RE ON 6999 post and about to have a goddamn BIRTHDAY

Behind the scenes: I actually edit in my non-sequitors because goddamn if it doesn't strike me to say something after the fact. there's a name for it though I can't remember it.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Evercaptor said:
    " @SpikeSpiegel:  I always greet people with "good morning" because I guarentee you, it's morning somewhere. but that also applies for midnight... is it midnight Best or Beast coast?

@JJWeatherman: I like the hat in your pic. HOLY FUCK YOU'RE ON 6999 post and about to have a goddamn BIRTHDAY "
    Rich Gallup in pimp hat = irresistible.  xD
    Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Evercaptor
    @JJWeatherman: are you Mr gallup or just a huge fan of his?
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Evercaptor said:

" @JJWeatherman: are you Mr gallup or just a huge fan of his? "

Just a fan. Been a fan ever since his hosting days on the Hotspot. Rich rocks.
    Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Evercaptor
    @JJWeatherman:  Your profile certainly does not betray your affinity for the man XD does he have a restraaining order for you yet? that's when you know they appreciate your suport.
    he is kinda cool.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Evercaptor said:
    " @JJWeatherman:  Your profile certainly does not betray your affinity for the man XD does he have a restraaining order for you yet? that's when you know they appreciate your suport. he is kinda cool. "
    Nah, lol. I know the line that separates fan and stalker. Although I won't lie, if I could go to PAX, I'd spend the entire show "in search of Rich!". Getting a picture with him would be so awesome.
    Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Evercaptor
    @JJWeatherman:  Side-tracked, but I like this conversation. I'm a big fan of Anthony Burch. I'd have his adopted babies, and they would all wear suits. He doesn't do as much stuff visibly now that he works for gearbox now, but it makes canabalt much more fun if you imagine that's what happens when crunch makes him snap.
    readymix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By readymix

regarding the update, i think its around 2-3am PST Southern Cal, USA! 
    not too sure on the time but I've been up that late and have seen my own profile updated.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Evercaptor said:
    " @JJWeatherman:  Side-tracked, but I like this conversation. I'm a big fan of Anthony Burch. I'd have his adopted babies, and they would all wear suits. He doesn't do as much stuff visibly now that he works for gearbox now, but it makes canabalt much more fun if you imagine that's what happens when crunch makes him snap. "
    xD 

Canabalt is exactly what happens. 

Oh and babies in suits? I approve.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Djeffers03

I think it's done manually isn't it? Please correct me if Im wrong, it's just speculation considering how random it seems to be.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MKHavoc

They do it manually so there's no exact time.  I think I've even seen it update twice in one day before.  Here on the east coast, achievement data usually updates by midnight, though again, it does vary.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Djeffers03 said:

" I think it's done manually isn't it? Please correct me if Im wrong, it's just speculation considering how random it seems to be. "

Nope, it updates autoMAGICALLY! It's just super inconsistent.  

Oh, you mean the Whiskey guys do it manually? Yeah, that might be right. I remember hearing that at some point. Who knows now though; they're always evolving their systems.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Djeffers03
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Djeffers03 said:

" I think it's done manually isn't it? Please correct me if Im wrong, it's just speculation considering how random it seems to be. "

Nope, it updates autoMAGICALLY! It's just super inconsistent.   Oh, you mean the Whiskey guys do it manually? Yeah, that might be right. I remember hearing that at some point. Who knows now though; they're always evolving their systems. "
    Yeah I think they mentioned it on a bombcast ages ago when the system was first created, that's all the info I have and like you said, they have probably (hopefully) changed their methods since then.
    Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Evercaptor
    @Djeffers03 said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Djeffers03 said:

" I think it's done manually isn't it? Please correct me if Im wrong, it's just speculation considering how random it seems to be. " oh shit I'm also fading awaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy

Nope, it updates autoMAGICALLY! It's just super inconsistent.   Oh, you mean the Whiskey guys do it manually? Yeah, that might be right. I remember hearing that at some point. Who knows now though; they're always evolving their systems. "
    Yeah I think they mentioned it on a bombcast ages ago when the system was first created, that's all the info I have and like you said, they have probably (hopefully) changed their methods since then. "
    that seems like an AWFUL lot aof work to have not made a macro for it by now...
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Djeffers03
    @Evercaptor: Presuming it is still manually done Im sure its no more complicated than clicking one button. But yeah it is something that really should be done automatically if it's not already.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.