Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Activision

Company »

Activision is the largest third-party publisher in the world. It became the first third-party developer for video game consoles, and is responsible for popular franchises such as Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, and Tony Hawk.

Hate Acitivsion? Sign this petition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By The_Icon

Petition
    TO: Activision

As the "biggest entertainment launch of all time" approaches, you're increasingly making your fanbase more angry. Your recent moves on the business side are head scratching and completely apauling. Tony Hawk peripherals to start, PC and UK price hikes and ridiculously overpriced collectors editions for MW2. Gamers were left scratching their heads wondering why? Than your CEO decided to further anger your customers with this quote "And Tony, you know if it was left to me, I would raise the prices even further." I believe we are in what we call a "recession." What the consumer needs is not more expensive items, but less expensive, which we're obviously not screaming for you to do. As people we speak with our wallets as we know you wont hear our words. Everyone who signs this petition disagrees with your approach and your smug attitude. The undersigned agree not to purchase your game at full retail value. We instead will either choose to A.) not purchase MW2. B.)Purchase only in used form allowing no revenue for you. C.)Import from a cheaper country. This may not seem like much of a threat, but the internet is a large place and your wallets may seem a little lighter come Christmas time. Thank you.

Sincerely,

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By flaminghobo

A petition isn't going to do anything in my opinion, but I'll sign anyway.

Cumbersnach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Cumbersnach

I Think you found Bobby Kotick's only weakness. An internet petition. Surely now he will cave and stop making shitholes of money to be nice to the loyal consumer.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By breadfan
    @The_Icon said:

ridiculously overpriced collectors editions for MW2. Gamers were left scratching their heads wondering why? 

Why?  It comes with freakin' night vision goggles. If you have a problem with a collector's edition don't buy it.   

@The_Icon said:

We instead will either choose to A.) not purchase MW2.

As for this, I doubt you will get many people to not buy Modern Warfare 2
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Coltonio7

Activision doesn't give a shit what you think. They get paiiiiid.

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pinkshley1

Activision puts out more half assed games a year than any other company I know. Take for example the CoD series, Infinity Ward makes the good CoDs, and Activision makes a sub par sequel. Happens every time. While I agree Activision is a shit company, an online petition is laughable at best. 

*EDIT*   Also, if you are going to send a petition, maybe you should spell check it first if you want them to take you seriously.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By mordukai
    @FlamingHobo said:

" A petition isn't going to do anything in my opinion, but I'll sign anyway. "

@Cumbersnach said:

" I Think you found Bobby Kotick's only weakness. An internet petition. Surely now he will cave and stop making shitholes of money to be nice to the loyal consumer. "

Though I don't think it's a written rule I know for a fact that petitions are not allowed here. Don't be too surprised if this thread gets locked.     
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By mordukai

On a more personal note I think it's funny how a little while ago Bobby Kotick was complaining about the prices for the PS3. He is such a fucking weasel.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

Petitions against companies don't do anything.

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Disengage

Vote with your money.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By JJOR64

I don't think you can advertise your own petition here on GiantBomb.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's not the collector's edition that's the problem anyway, the problem is the price hikes of standard editions depending on the platform and region and the publically expressed desire to increase prices even further. For a profitable franchise that cashes in on yearly sequels, that's unacceptable. Of course, people will buy it anyway as out of those 11-13 million buyers of the COD games there's probably a tiny fraction that will even realise these developments and be aware that there's a petition against it. Not to mention those who signed it will go buy Modern Warfare 2 anyway, heh. Petitions don't work. Other companies should however try to make it known to the mainstream, that they're getting exploited, after all, their income depends on this. If MW2 has a higher price, yet everyone will still buy it, that means they have no money left for other games.

That is exactly what Activision wants after all, to milk as much money as possible from a product that WILL sell for sure. The other publishers should be the ones in inform people for the sake of their business, and proceed to do good will price cuts to increase their market share versus Activision's, instead of be scared away into pushing their releases back, with intentions to do price hikes of their own. COD is almost yearly now, will they push games back every single year? Instead, we see companies like Codemasters take after Activision and offer ridiculous bundles (Operation Flashpoint 2 comes with a helmet) as if that's what will make their games sell. It's not.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By c1337us

Petitions like this don't achieve shit. I also just happen to disagree with you in part. I am happy to pay the price for the Modern Warfare 2 pack (I have done so already infact - pre purchased). In the case if Tony Hawk I am not just buying it. Not for the price but because they are crap games now.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This isn't going to help anything. Hand-written letters do.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Internet petitions

DO NOTHING.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Listen to JeffGoldblum. He often plays smart people in movies. 

Actually, I don't really hate Activision. Though I do hate how once Skate came out and provided some competition for the Tony Hawk series, they had Neversoft pull the plug and put them to work on milking their newly acquired Guitar Hero franchise. I would have really loved to see Activision and Neversoft respond with an awesome Tony Hawk game to battle for skateboard supremacy in this industry. It really disappointed me that they just gave up on it like that. I don't really have much interest at all in the new Tony Hawk coming out.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Jambones

Dramatisation
    Dramatisation
     I seem to be on a bit of a 'shopping spree when it comes to this MW2 fiasco. Mainly involving night-vision goggles... huh...
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I'm not sure what this is supposed to achieve, I'm sure Activision is very aware of how a select group of gamers on the internet feels about them.  I am surprised they don't seem to care about their reputation, but most gamers are still going to buy things like Ultimate Alliance 2 and Modern Warfare, no matter how much they really "hate" Activision, and most of the rest of their games are targeted at casual gamers anyway.

If you really want to hurt them, stop buying their games.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By demontium
    @JeffGoldblum: so true
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By mike

Petitions are a waste of time and a waste of space. Keep them off of the forums please.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.