Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 20, 2008

Age of Conan is a massively multiplayer online role playing game set in the Conan lore.

Game Director Gaute Godager quits!

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By demonbear

Well if that's not a bad sign of things to come for this game, i don't know what is...

http://kotaku.com/5051102/age-of-conan-game-director-quits-dissatisfied

“I have done my very best making this fabulous game, but I have concluded there are elements which I am dissatisfied with. I have decided to act on this, and as a result I have chosen to leave Funcom. It is time to get new, fresh eyes on Age of Conan, and I wholeheartedly support the appointment of Craig. I have had a fantastic time these last 16 years, and I am very proud of the many things Funcom has achieved. Funcom and Conan will always be a big part of me, but as I now look to new ventures outside the gaming industry I am certain Age of Conan’s future is in the best of hands.”

The day before Warhammer launches also...
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Hamz

Well in all honesty it might be a good thing as Age of Conan as been slowly getting more and more bad press and users leaving the game as time goes on. So perhaps some new blood will hopefully revitalise the game as i really did enjoy it but the poor handling of updates and the community coupled with the bad performances with the game seriously put me off.

Looking through this weeks update notes i'm tempted to give the game another chance now after hearing this and seeing they have done some serious updating to this game now.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By xymox
    Time to get new fresh eyes on conan perhaps, but why leave the company? Gaute was one of the founders. 
    Well, I hope he knows what he's doing. 

demonbear said:
     if that's not a bad sign of things to come for this game, i don't know what is...
    You probably don't know who the replacer is, do you? :> 
    He (Morrison), and the team currently working on AO, have single fucking handedly brought that game to a playable, enjoyable state. 

Hamz said:
     poor handling of updates and the community
    So in other words Age of Conan is pretty much exactly in the same state AO was when Sil (Morrison) joined the team.
    The updates, with his lead, have been rolling in both content wise and for bugfixes. Sure, the game STILL has some rough edges (which the loud minority is quick to point out), but looking back on where it was before he started... Jeez. 

I can't promise he will be able to do the same for AoC, but if anyone can do it, it's probably he. I feel fucking sad that we as players have to lose him to Conan though, because to be real honest, there's so much more he could do to anarchy online still. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.