Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Age of Empires III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 18, 2005

Age of Empires 3 follows in the RTS tradition of the franchise, portraying the colonization of the Americas by the Europeans. Major gameplay changes surrounding the addition of the Home City modify the RTS formula with certain features of Role-Playing Games.

Is this still worth getting?

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By RTSlord

So i loved (and own) both Age of Empires 1 and 2 and the expansions, but i never got around to buying the 3rd one. I was at best buy the other day and i saw the Complete Collection for AOE3 and i was wondering if this was still worth buying, 3-ish years since the last expansion came out.

EDIT: and by the way its 50 bucks

okoctothorpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By okoctothorpe
    @RTSlord:  $50?  No, probably not worth the money.  I've seen it on sale for half that.  If you can stomach MS Games for Windows Live, it can cost as little as $20.  

I bought it for cheap and have enjoyed it for what it's worth.  For some reason, they made it more difficult to use advanced military tactics and instead have moved to a grouping strategy.  The combat isn't nearly as intuitive.  I didn't like the campaign mode nearly as much because I couldn't have the same level of control as in AOE II.

Hope this helps!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.