Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Agents of Mayhem

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 15, 2017

Inspired by Saturday-morning cartoons, this single-player spin-off of the Saints Row series pits a roaming squad of anti-heroes against a massive evil organization in near-future South Korea.

Agents of Mayhem Trailer

betabetamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

It is weird how it's still purple. And the logo is.... This looks fun but is this some sort of ruse?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Yep, still no goddamn clue what they want this game to be. Would one original character have killed them or are we firmly back in the Borderlands 2 era of "these other things are funny so let's kick a dead horse" games writing?

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Redhotchilimist

That ice guy is 100% the huge Russian genius from Saints Row 3, Oleg. Nice to see him still getting work.

I'm happy they went for a superhero vibe, but I wish at least one of these characters kept some of the cool superpowers from 4. Just superspeed or the jumping powers would have been enough, that stuff was just fun to do on its own.

I'm not getting super excited from this trailer on its own, but I have a lot of faith in the team after Saints Row 3 and 4. 2017 might just have even more great games in store.

PS Purple is still the worst color

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Looks real dumb. I'm in.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

100% sold. It's like Saints Row X Crackdown X Ratchet & Clank.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

The lengths that they go to make this clearly related to Saints Row without actually saying 'Saints Row' is great.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My god this looks stupid. I'm totally on board for this.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@sdoots said:

The lengths that they go to make this clearly related to Saints Row without actually saying 'Saints Row' is great.

I think I read somewhere that the game is canonically set in the SR universe.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fezrock

@bbalpert: Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell had five (disappointingly short) endings. In the one where God retcons the universe, seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2cSWzSUMDU, Persephone Brimstone shows up. Seems like Agents of Mayhem is the follow-up to that ending.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:
    @sdoots said:

I think I read somewhere that the game is canonically set in the SR universe.

The Ultor being mentioned along with their logo being visible confirms as much. I kinda like it that Ultor has been around as the same fictional company since the first Red Faction.

Already mentioned in another thread that this sure looks like a Saint's Row game. Not necessarily a bad thing, of course.

John_Wiswell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By John_Wiswell

I'm so okay with them shamelessly grabbing 80's TV and running with it.

I dearly hope the Saints wind up being the "villains" you have to fight since you're playing Ultor's goons in this game.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By stonyman65

I think the plot of this game folows a possible ending from the Gat Out of Hell DLC, so it's essentially a spin-off. I kind of just want Saints Row 5, but I'll give this a shot.

With the way that Saints Row IV ended, they can pretty much do anything (like, literally anything) at this point so who knows whats next...

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
    RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maybe its just me but it looks like a trailer for an Overwatch clone. Maybe its the brightly coloured, flat textured art style or that MOBAs have programmed me to place any character with defining abilities into a 'class' but, I can't be alone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hoping it would be a squad game like Brute Force so not sure about the teleport switching characters.I'll have to wait for a QL.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fezrock: ...and how does this all tie in to Nier?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Nope, no thanks.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm in. Just don't fall flat on your face like Battleborn. Different developer I know, but I see similarities in those games and has me a tad nervous. Still Volition seems to know how to push the envelope without making it too dumb.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

At least that got me curious about wtf this thing plays like, which led to me finding this:

Loading Video...

Looks alright! Definitely getting an Overwatch vibe, but that's far from a bad thing. A part of me is a bit bummed it's not an out-and-out Saints Row game, but really it's just the writing I'd want there. Fun though they were, they weren't the most interesting games to actually play. It's mostly the writing and the scenarios that made those two (The Third and Saints 4 are all I care about) games so memorable.

And you know what, their whole unholy amalgamation of Overwatch, Crackdown, Saints Row, and Warriors Orochi looks like it could actually be interesting to play. So sure, I'll pay some attention to this thing.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm intrigued but somehow know less about what the game is.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#22 riostarwind  Moderator

This trailer does a great job of setting up the tone of the game but is bad at showing off what type of game it is. If this was all I've seen of the game I would think it might be like Overwatch. Instead, it is a single player sandbox game that focuses on switching between 3 different heroes as they take on the forces of evil by blowing up everything.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Geek out your Agents."

... don't.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@theht said:

Looks alright! Definitely getting an Overwatch vibe, but that's far from a bad thing.

It reminds me of Overwatch(and Big Hero 6 really) because it's this super American take on an Asian territory and mixes in all this future tech. I think it's terribly cynical(The worldwide box office type thing that means China and Korea keeps cropping up in movies these days), but I appreciate that it's a way to not have anoher sandbox set in a generic east coast US city.

Thanks for the deeper gameplay trailer!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

I heard "Mayhem," and "Ultor," (or something) and thought.. "what is this, a Saturday morning cartoon?" And then the rest of the trailer played out and they were quite literally and obviously going for the Saturday morning cartoon trailer. After the "Next time on..." I just had to laugh at my comment.

Anyways, looks like it could be something or nothing. Could go Battleborne route or end up being a fun thing. I have no idea at this point.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ThePanzini

Looks and sounds like Battleborne DLC.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I wonder if that reveal at the end is a character based off of Michael Knight, or if whatever vehicle you drive in the game will have a KITT-like AI.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

it honestly didn't occur to me how much saints row stuff is in this game until i looked at the thumbnail for the trailer, that's straight up a saints logo and those 3 may as well be shaundi, pierce, and the boss. I honestly don't even care if this is just another saints row game, i just want the humor to be there like it was in 3 and 4. I didn't play gat out of hell but after hearing it wasn't that great, it kinda just fell into my backlog.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Would prefer a new Saints game between 2 & 3 or 3 & 4 or some weird thing after 4 of them getting back to a human colony on Mars or something. Though this does look interesting & will give this a try to see how it is.

BaconHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Now I just want an A-Team game...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.