Something went wrong. Try again later

    Agents of Mayhem

    Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 15, 2017

    Inspired by Saturday-morning cartoons, this single-player spin-off of the Saints Row series pits a roaming squad of anti-heroes against a massive evil organization in near-future South Korea.

    werupenstein's Agents of Mayhem (PC) review

    Avatar image for werupenstein

    Not a Saints Row game

    Adjust your expectations

    This is not a Saints Row game.

    Imagine taking all the generic open world bits that nobody likes anymore and that is this game; a generic open world with absolutely no hook.

    The actual world is very nice looking, a stylized future city very reminiscent of Overwatch but it is extremely small,likely the smallest "open world" I've ever been in.

    I liked the majority of the characters they all had a decent backstory and fun special abilities.

    80% of this game is extremely repetitive missions that take your through the exact same dungeon. The other 20% is okay story missions.

    A strange thing happened to me towards the end of the game, I started treating it like an arcade beat em up game, I just stopped trying to be careful/not dying and just plowed through everything with reckless abandon and I started having some fun with it.

    The most interesting thing about this game is thinking about what may have happened during the development of this game; it seems obvious that there must have been some extreme changes in course and scope over the development of this game. It feels like they sat down and came up with a great premise spent 2 years trying to make something out of it and failed, then pulled out the Saints Row engine and slapped this thing together in a year and put it out because they had to, I'd love to see a behind the scenes documentary.

    If you play this like an open world collectathon you are going to hate this game and yourself. A much better option would be to mainline the story and get out but even that is not really worth the time.

    Other reviews for Agents of Mayhem (PC)

    This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

    Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

    Comment and Save

    Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.