Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aion: Ascension

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Aion: Tower of Eternity is an MMORPG by NCSoft with a unique PvPvE system using the first CryEngine. Originally released in Korea, it was relaunched for China, Japan, Taiwan, North America and Europe in 2009.

Excellent headstart

Boyling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Boyling

I just tried to log on to my server for the Aion headstart and was put into a queue of 3,000 people with an estimated waiting time of 4 hours. Jeez, I didn't realize the headstart would be this popular.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

I forgot about the headstart.  I'll be waiting to hear what my buddies thought of it. 

However, Brewfest just started on WoW, and I hear they are giving away Kodos to the Alliance again this year.  I want a Kodo, but I don't wanna spend $33 to get a time card when I'm not going to play the game for more than a Kodo.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @jakob187 said:
    " I forgot about the headstart.  I'll be waiting to hear what my buddies thought of it.  However, Brewfest just started on WoW, and I hear they are giving away Kodos to the Alliance again this year.  I want a Kodo, but I don't wanna spend $33 to get a time card when I'm not going to play the game for more than a Kodo. "
    Screw kodos, they're so slow, but fast, which makes them look stupid.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " I forgot about the headstart.  I'll be waiting to hear what my buddies thought of it.  However, Brewfest just started on WoW, and I hear they are giving away Kodos to the Alliance again this year.  I want a Kodo, but I don't wanna spend $33 to get a time card when I'm not going to play the game for more than a Kodo. "
    Screw kodos, they're so slow, but fast, which makes them look stupid. "
    juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By juice8367

hopefully they add more servers come launch time.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By sjschmidt93

You get the headstart for preordering right? Do you actually have to pick it up or what?  I preordered it but don't think I'm interested anymore, can I get the headstart without actually buying the game?

juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By juice8367
    @SJSchmidt93: I think you have to pay for the game first.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I kinda have this feeling that this game will fail

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Babble
    @addictedtopinescent said:
    " I kinda have this feeling that this game will fail "
    It's hard to say, 400,000 people pre-ordered the game, not counting people who plan to pick it up without a pre-order. Of course this doesn't mean it will do well in the long term, but I think it has a better chance then most.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Babble said:
    " @addictedtopinescent said:
    " I kinda have this feeling that this game will fail "
    It's hard to say, 400,000 people pre-ordered the game, not counting people who plan to pick it up without a pre-order. Of course this doesn't mean it will do well in the long term, but I think it has a better chance then most. "
    Wow, well im just saying cause of wow cataclysm, but i could very well be wrong
    intercryllic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By intercryllic
    @addictedtopinescent: Cataclysm is full of gimmicky nonsense. WoW is not going to gain any more users at this point of its lifespan.
    Darniaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Darniaq

They still need to gain back the other half of their audience in China *buh dum dum* ;)

The queues for Head Start were crazy, but it almost seems like NC lowered the hard cap of concurrent logins per server. Maybe in a bid for stability over access? Or maybe to try once again to get people to move to less populated servers to spread hte population around a bid.

Hopefully it's better tonight, but I doubt it. I'm really curious though if there'll be much difference between full launch (tomorrow) and the number of pre-orders. I have no idea what they're advertising plan is, but this game's popularity seems to have existed more on word-of-mouth than the usual marketing tropes.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Cincaid

Anyone know if there's a free trial dealy for the game? Like, 10 days or such? Just a thought, since it seems like that's the common way to go these days for MMOs. 

Finally quit WoW this summer after five years of playing. Not because I hated the game, but because any game will get old and worn out after five years. ;)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm downloading and it's at 83% and I want to fucking play!

juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By juice8367
    @Darniaq said:
     I have no idea what they're advertising plan is, but this game's popularity seems to have existed more on word-of-mouth than the usual marketing tropes. "
    Very true.  It doesn't seem to be as heavily marketed as other games comming out this week.  I picked up on it because steam almost always had it on their front page.
    Darniaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Darniaq
    Yea, I'm not sure why that is. Whether they don't need to advertise because it's the only "big" MMO to have launched this year into a community that always wants to check out the new kid on the block. Or maybe they'll just wait until its closer to the holidays to start the advertising campaign?

@CrazyChris said:
    " Anyone know if there's a free trial dealy for the game? Like, 10 days or such?
    8 days if you pre-order ;-)

No 10 day trial yet. Normally, games don't start to run that kind of thing until their rate of new acquisitions plateaus. So for Aion, could be next year... or next month :D
    Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dejkrigeren

This is really bad, right now I'm sitting in a 2 hour queue, been in there for about 5 hours now. 

I hope they create a few more servers to avoid all those 5+ hour queues.

dice66111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dice66111

the most que i had yesterday was 15 mins i hope it isn't bad tonight.

dice66111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dice66111
    @CrazyChris said:
    " Anyone know if there's a free trial dealy for the game? Like, 10 days or such? Just a thought, since it seems like that's the common way to go these days for MMOs.  Finally quit WoW this summer after five years of playing. Not because I hated the game, but because any game will get old and worn out after five years. ;) "
    If there is a lancenter near you that belongs to igames. They should have a demo..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.