Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aion: Ascension

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Aion: Tower of Eternity is an MMORPG by NCSoft with a unique PvPvE system using the first CryEngine. Originally released in Korea, it was relaunched for China, Japan, Taiwan, North America and Europe in 2009.

People still playing this game?

xnoxiousx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xnoxiousx

Is it active? I don't expect wow number players but i recently got warhamer and no one plays it.

Avatar image for hcgjadeheart123
    HCGJadeHeart123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HCGJadeHeart123

While I have never played WoW or Warhammer, I have been playing Aion since April and am really enjoying it.  There has been an increase in activity due to the recent 1.9 patch.  NCSoft has also announced upcoming server merges...taking place this week or next, I believe.
    fixerofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By fixerofdeath

I've been bored of WoW lately so I decided to give it a chance when I saw it on the Steam sale. Its not bad, and there seems to still be a decent amount of people playing. 

It makes a good distraction until Cataclysm or SW:ToR drop.

HCGJadeHeart123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HCGJadeHeart123

That's the truth!  I actually became involved with AION (my first MMO) to get my feet wet in preparation for SW:ToR :D 
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By BraveToaster

I've seen a lot of threads like these.... maybe I should check it out. I reached level 50 and quit.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kishan6
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By m1k3

i went back about a month ago after quitting because of how bad the grind was, and i quit again for that same reason. Some gameplay stuff are still kinda bad also.

xnoxiousx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xnoxiousx
    @m1k3 said:
    " i went back about a month ago after quitting because of how bad the grind was, and i quit again for that same reason. Some gameplay stuff are still kinda bad also. "
    Like what?

Any way i think ill get it.

But does any one here have friend invite i think you can refer a friend it would help me alot to test it out.
    HCGJadeHeart123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HCGJadeHeart123

The Aion trial/demo doesn't do the game any justice.  According to NCSoft, the trial is only good for  "three days, five hours, or level 7, whichever is reached first  ."  In my opinion, the game doesn't really get interesting until after level 10: use of the broker (money system), leveling up a craft, use of flight (getting your wings), full use of the chat system, etc.  PvP play starts around level 25.  At any rate, if you are still interested in the demo, you can PM me =)
    EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By EGoD

I used to play AION, I quit shortly after the server merger in July because my game suddenly took on emense constant lag I never had before, it got to the point I couldn't play it.  After 2 months of back and forth with the useless NCSoft support team and my internet provider, I gave up.  I enjoyed the game up until then, meeting new people and joining a legion.  The PVP aspect sucks since I don't enjoy being ganked by high level players who one shot you.  They need to take after WWO with the optional PVP aspect so if you just enjoy questing then you can be left alone.
    stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By stinky

was wondering how this was doing, server mergers are pretty telling. 

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By YoungFrey
    @stinky said:

"was wondering how this was doing, server mergers are pretty telling.  "

I dissagree.  I think that most MMOs probably have to merge servers a few months after launch.  When a game launches it will have a big surge of new players, so it has to have a bunch of servers or it will be unplayable.  My guess is that there isn't a huge pool of potential players who aren't currently playing an MMO but might enjoy one.  So any new MMO is pulling players from another one (or causing a dual subscription).  And not everyone is going to like the new game, so the surge will die down to a more sustainable level. Then they need to merge servers.  If a game has to keep merging over and over then it is probably doomed.    

I feel that this state of affairs is simply a side effect of a mature MMO market.  WoW came into being and brought in a significant fraction of the potential players out there.  And for whatever reasons it's also really liked.  So any new game faces not only the fact that WoW is probably better (meaning people aren't very likely to give WoW up for the new game), and there isn't a big pile of un-MMOed people waiting to play the new game.  Even WoW has had a huge slowing of its growth.  Despite all the press if got for hitting 12M, it took way longer to go from 11.5 to 12 than any previously announced change, and it still had to release an expansion in China to do it.  Maybe there is some way to get people playing Facebook games like Farmville into MMOs.   Somebody needs to a 2-phase MMO where a decent Facebook game leads into a full MMO.  That could open up a whole new market. 
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By raiz265
    @HCGJadeHeart123 said:
    " NCSoft has also announced upcoming server merges...taking place this week or next, I believe. "
    Aren't those normally the first signs of a dying MMO?
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aus_azn
    @raiz265 said:

" @HCGJadeHeart123 said:

" NCSoft has also announced upcoming server merges...taking place this week or next, I believe. "
    Aren't those normally the first signs of a dying MMO? "
    That's what I thought. Though said servers may be repurposed to support what will become Guild Wars II.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Aus_azn said:
    " @raiz265 said:

" @HCGJadeHeart123 said:

Aren't those normally the first signs of a dying MMO? "
    That's what I thought. Though said servers may be repurposed to support what will become Guild Wars II. "
    So yes. A dying mmo. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.