Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aion: Ascension

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Aion: Tower of Eternity is an MMORPG by NCSoft with a unique PvPvE system using the first CryEngine. Originally released in Korea, it was relaunched for China, Japan, Taiwan, North America and Europe in 2009.

Spare beta key?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
    deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey bombers,

Does anyone have  a spare aion beta key for the EU version?
     I missed out on the eurogamer giveaway., so if anyone has a spare could they PM me one please?

Thanks in advance.

Noted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Noted

Ughh.. You don't want to play in this beta. Everything is fubar, for a lot of people. Insane lag, gameguard errors, authentication servers going up and down for no reason.

It's working for some of the users, but for quite a few it's horrible. Personally I can play for 10 minutes, then gameguard crashes and Aion quits to desktop. Then when I try to log back in, it says the authentication servers are unreachable and Aion quits to desktop. Sounds like fun? :)

It should be mentioned that everything was working perfectly in closed beta.

-

To answer your topic, they posted this yesterday:

More European open beta keys are on their way!

September 8, 2009 1:30 PM

Aion's open beta has been underway since last Sunday. While we had a few initial issues to defeat (minibosses!), the game is being honed to the point we want it to be-- the point where it plays just as sharp and smooth as an Asmodian Daeva's blade.

We are getting ready to extend invitations to even more players so that more people who have not yet preorderedAion can enjoy the rich world of Atreia in all its open beta glory.

Visit one of our following partners to have a chance of getting a beta serial code (a beta key). This new batch of beta serial codes is scheduled for distribution on Wednesday, September 9, 2009

UK/Europe

www.eurogamer.net
    www.fileplanet.com
    www.boomtown.net
    www.rockpapershotgun.com

Germany
    www.pcgames.de
    www.gamestar.de
    www.buffed.de
    www.gamona.de
    www.onlinewelten.com

France
    www.jeuxonline.info
    www.mondespersistants.com
    www.universvirtuels.fr

Scandinavia
    www.gamereactor.net

Italy
    www.multiplayer.it
    www.gamesource.it
    www.aionitalia.it

Spain
    www.hardgame2.com

Belgium
    www.9lives.be

Netherlands
    www.games.fok.nl

Austria
    www.gamers.at

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
    deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ok, I ended up just pre-ordering (was going to anyway) abd have spent a few hours in the beta so far.

I didn't experience any of the problems you mentioned, it seemed fine.

Noted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Noted

The beta forums are on fire atm with complaints. If you don't have any problems then I'd say you're quite lucky. It seems like most people do have problems though. Either with game guard, lag, crysystem.dll, bluescreens of death or other problems.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @Noted: I played the US version awhile back (2 months probably) and aside from the GG issue (which I resolved with some quick research). and the ridiculously slow install I didn't have many issues.  But both of those problems could've been fixed if I would've been smart enough to just pre-order it from Steam instead of Gamestop.
    Noted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Noted
    @SJSchmidt93: 
    I didn't have any issues in any of the 3 closed beta events i participated in either.

Got a patch when I started Aion today, and other than the random server shutdowns and occational lag-spike, everything else seems to be working. Even managed to kill a level ?? templar with 2 level 20 buddies :p
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JoelTGM

um, I've got one for the UK beta.  anyone who wants the key just ask...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.