Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 07, 2013

Sequel to the PSP Akiba's Trip, where the player hunts down vampires and strips them of their clothing in the Tokyo district Akibahara.

AKIBA’S TRIP: Undead & Undressed. coming to the west

• 65 results
    cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@superkenon said:

@video_game_king: Just because misinformed jerks exist doesn't mean one should go and kneejerk the "QUIT PICKING ON JAPAN” thing at every slightly dissenting opinion. I'm kinda talking in general now, more than this particular thread. Both sides of the divide are too ready to pick fights with each other and spring to the defensive\offensive too quickly.

I've sort of given up on participating in any threads about games that are targeted at the otaku demographic for this reason. Though it is sort of fun to go through the thread and try to predict which side of the argument each person will fall on based on their avatars.

@darji said:

@believer258: It is just Japanese. [...] You know the better culture.

I'm glad that we're finally able to just drop the pretense and be straightforward about the subtext that permeates most of these threads.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By oldenglishc

@cale said:

@oldenglishc said:

When did we stop being able to appreciate the dumbness of dumb things? All of you otakus and anti-otakus need to stop trying to ruin things for us moderates.

I'm pretty sure there are some people around here who are in the pocket of big otaku and are out to silence any dissenters who may be promoting an anti-otaku agenda. The amount of pro-otaku rhetoric has drastically increased over the last few years, despite the foundation upon which this site was built. The Giant Bomb constitution states under Article III, Section 1, as written by one of the founding fathers: Anime is for jerks. It's written there plain as day, yet we now have an uprising of those who would defy the very foundation upon which this site was built? I try to stay as moderate as I can, but some things simply require a firm hand. Big otaku has extended its reach too far and it's encroaching upon the fundamental rights of both moderates and anti-otaku alike.

If these forums had a "like" button, I would be pounding on it right now.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

@oldenglishc said:

When did we stop being able to appreciate the dumbness of dumb things? All of you otakus and anti-otakus need to stop trying to ruin things for us moderates.

I'm pretty sure there are some people around who are in the pocket of big otaku and are out to silence any dissenters who may be promoting an anti-otaku agenda. The amount of pro-otaku rhetoric has drastically increased over the last few years, despite the foundation upon which this site was built. The Giant Bomb constitution states under Article III, Section 1, as written by one of the founding fathers: Anime is for jerks. It's written there plain as day, yet we now have an uprising of those who would defy the very foundation upon which this site was built? I try to stay as moderate as I can, but some things simply require a firm hand. Big otaku has extended its reach too far and it's encroaching upon the fundamental rights of both moderates and anti-otaku alike.

I can't tell if this is a joke or serious. It's exactly on the border.

Hatsune Miku is the Frank Underwood of the Giant Bomb anime political world. You better be careful. She's a ruthless motherfucker. (House of Cards is pretty good, you guys.)

@bybeach said:

I love that box art so mu.....

GAAAAAAH!

Oops, have to clean up. Had a Reproductive, True love, Masturbatory, Anime moment.

If that is enough for you, you should see a doctor about it.

@sergio said:

Personally, the only thing I found objectionable was that the gameplay they were showing was boring. Perhaps you get more moves and options as you play, but what was shown didn't seem as interesting as the premise suggested to me.

I wonder how wide the gameplay repertoire is. If it's mostly fighting then I can see it becoming boring after a while. Otherwise it looks okay.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Looks like a slightly more ludicrous Yakuza game.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Hatsune Miku is the Frank Underwood of the Giant Bomb anime political world.

You say that like I'd have any clue what you're talking about.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexandersheen said:

Short version: He's a bad person.

Long version: Go and watch House of Cards. Right now!

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@alexandersheen said:

He's saying that Kevin Spacey is actually the real-life embodiment of Hatsune Miku and he's using his political stature to push the agenda of big otaku. It's just one theory that's been gaining traction among the anti-otaku fundamentalists of late. Of course we don't have the proof yet, but it's only a matter of time, and when we do... We'll nail his Japanophilic ass to the fucking wall.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudymusic: I only go against people who think this is creepy while stuff like South park is not because it is on the same level.

But personally I like where this thread is going. It is getting more and more ridiculous^^

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

@darji said:

@audiobusting said:

Like some others said, the videos make the game look kinda boring... At least games like South Park and Danganronpa have satisfying gameplay to carry the satirical content. I still like the concept, so I'll have to wait and see.

Have they? I never played Dangaronpa but right now I am playing South park and the combat is pretty boring and easy and not very fun at all. The game is great though.

They're pretty simple and I don't think they're that great, but they do find ways to deliver the story of the game through the "gamey" parts. Like how a lot of the combat in South Park is used to deliver jokes, and how you can interact with the environment with your "magic". They're also great at communicating the absurdity of the situation through gameplay elements, like how evidence is used as "truth bullets" in Danganronpa (which relates to how the truth will kill someone by the end of each trial). That was what I meant to say by "carrying the satirical content". Whether it is satisfying or fun is a personal opinion, I guess.

On the other hand... so far, this game seems like an ordinary brawler against interchangeable strangers, just in different clothing. The improvised weaponry in the combat gameplay videos above is amusing at first, but then the fight itself seems a bit drawn-out and just for fighting's sake. It seems strangely disconnected from the humor of how wrong it is to strip people against their will. People in-game seem to be lifelessly unfazed by the messed-up things happening around them too. It's just weird to see this absurd idea executed in a seemingly boring manner, and a bit lacking in self-awareness and ludonarrative whatever, in comparison to the games I mentioned. I guess to say that it doesn't look like it has satisfying gameplay is unfair, but the problem is that it just kinda looks like another Acquire game rather than a dumb satire of naughty rape-y anime or whatever. Which is totally fine, just a lot less interesting to me.

I don't know though, I'm just guessing a lot from a small amount of information, having never played the game. Maybe I'll just have to wait for reviews for the localization to come out or something.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The biggest crime here is the lack of buff men, who cares about stripping a bunch of skinny minis? I need me some real beef cake!

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder why they're releasing stuff like this when there's currently a huge push for better female representation in video games going on over here. Any game that either A: Doesn't have a female lead, or B: Treats females as sex objects gets thrashed here now, so I'm surprised that they're localizing this.

That being said, I don't necessarily think this game is either of those (Haven't played them, nor did the gameplay videos really give any indication of either), but given the first few posts of this thread, I think most people are just going to look at the cover and description and immediately hate it.

The game does look pretty boring though. Could they perhaps make it so it DOESN'T take two minutes to beat one random guy? Sheesh.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45: I'd hope the video game blogosphere hubbub is to encourage developers to diversify, not discourage publishers from doing their job. This isn't some new counterculture of video games and Xseed keeps a straight face about their work.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So, this is finally up for Pre-order on Amazon. I put in my order its only $40 as well which is pretty cool. It apparently drops August 5th!

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can not tell you how much I'm looking forward to the QL of this tomorrow. Not that I have any real interest in the game, but I want to see the reactions of whomever they put on this game.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of what to mention an old adage here: don't judge a book by its cover. Sure it may look like shit, but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. At this point, whenever a Japanese pseudo-indie game comes out here, it's kind of a big deal for a number of people. I'd like to think that the games that it's a big deal to isn't necessarily shit.

That said... I'd have to be really, really bored, and have a lot of extra cash to buy this game.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@belegorm said:

I kind of what to mention an old adage here: don't judge a book by its cover. Sure it may look like shit, but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. At this point, whenever a Japanese pseudo-indie game comes out here, it's kind of a big deal for a number of people. I'd like to think that the games that it's a big deal to isn't necessarily shit.

That said... I'd have to be really, really bored, and have a lot of extra cash to buy this game.

I bought it, and it arrived today. Haven't tried it yet, though.

What I can say that's cool is that XSEED (the western publisher) asked the developer if they could add fanservice artwork of male characters to go along with the artwork of female characters in the game. They totally obliged, and the chaaracter artist drew some new sexy art featuring men that was added to the western release.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been intrigued as I'm always down for Japan crazy games (Lollipop Chainsaw or Yakuza), but I'm waiting to see if it's worth the 40 bux.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.