Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2010

When famous novelist Alan Wake goes on vacation with his wife Alice, he has no idea that the idyllic town of Bright Falls will soon be the site of a terrible battle between light and dark that could threaten everything, even Wake's own sanity.

camera effect the volume of characters voices a bit much?!

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By agentboolen

Just started playing Alan Wake and I can't help to be annoyed with the way the actors sound. Is it me or does the camera effect the volume of characters voices a little bit much when rotating it? It seems like if the camera isn't pointed in a certain way at the characters you can miss a lot of what there saying. Seems very strange, its to the point that it seems glitchy and strange.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By agentboolen

bump

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Haven't played Alan Wake in a while but I don't remember it being a problem for me.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Scrawnto

I've had this problem in a number of games. It usually happens when the system (the console, or your receiver, or both) thinks you have a center channel, when you actually have stereo sound. Thus, when you face the source of the sound, the voice is sent to an imaginary speaker and doesn't play as loudly as it should. I don't really know what you can do to fix it, besides tinkering with your sound settings.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By agentboolen

@Scrawnto: Thats interesting, I was thinking it was a glitch with the in game camera system but some kind of middle channel seems like a possibility. Next time I'm playing it ill have to check out what I have my settings as. I usually notice to switch to stereo over 5.1 since I don't play with a 5.1 sound system.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.