Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alice: Madness Returns

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Alice is back, and so is her fragile grasp on reality. She must journey through both Victorian London and the dark world of Wonderland to retain her sanity and find out the truth behind her family's deaths, in this long-awaited sequel to American McGee's Alice.

Events won't trigger on Chapter Three? (help maybe :o)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been playing Alice: Madness Returns (on sale on Steam :D), and I'm towards the end of Chapter Three, in the Mysterious East. But my trigger events aren't happening... it's happened on three occasions now and this last one I can't seem to get past. Both of the other times I could reload from autosave, and after a few times it would fix itself. This last one though, won't happen -- I fight all the enemies (which there seem to be a random amount of) and when they're all dead the combat music won't end and I can't move to the next stage. Any experience with this? I googled around but didn't find anything....

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That is an unfortunate issue. I played it on 360 and had no issue and heard no issue. Maybe it is an issue with the steam version. I hope you can solve as the game is really good. Not enough love for this game. So pretty with fun platforming, you just float around and it's a joy.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

Hmm. I played through the Steam version and don't recall this issue. Maybe try uninstalling and redownloading the game files. Something could be messed up there. Or just try validating the files through Steam, I guess.

It's definitely a good game. Perhaps a tad long, but still worth experiencing.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nope. Tried validating and went through the stage several more times. The full number of enemies never spawns.

I have to go along a bridge and get to the last pagoda. On the bridge are two samurai wasps. On the platform are supposed to be 2 samurai wasps, 2 archers, 1 ink wasp, then the boss. I am always missing at least one, either on the bridge or the platform. The full amount has never shown up and there is always 1 random monster missing, preventing the scene from triggering.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.