Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alice: Madness Returns

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Alice is back, and so is her fragile grasp on reality. She must journey through both Victorian London and the dark world of Wonderland to retain her sanity and find out the truth behind her family's deaths, in this long-awaited sequel to American McGee's Alice.

Reviews are being far too harsh

• 56 results
    lawlerballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By lawlerballer

or maybe they're being brutally honest

SockLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By SockLobster
    @lawlerballer: So are you saying Ryan wasn't honest?

The game is really beautiful and the story is really fun and interestingly done.
    Pumpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Pumpe

Got it for the PC and got no texture problems. Runs smooth as silk or whatever.

Id give it 3.5/5 - The art and atmosphere is fantastic. I, like many others, love the idea of Alice fighting her batshit crazy mind. 
    The jumping feels a bit stiff at times, but Ive gotten used to it. What drags the game down is the focus mechanic when fighting certain enemies that you gotta block attacks and whatnot from. It removes the otherwise rather fluid movements in combat. Makes the whole thing feel too clumsy.

If the game nailed the combat and added more variation in fights and puzzles/platforming this would be one hell of a game.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Edwardryu

I beat the game two days ago. it is really great game. I still like single play with a good story. Alice has them all. total length of gameplay is very satisfied. it took me 19 hours. in these days, 19hours for single play is really long. story, characters, 2D games, mini puzzle are all nicely done. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Edwardryu said:
    I beat the game two days ago. it is really great game. I still like single play with a good story. Alice has them all. total length of gameplay is very satisfied. it took me 19 hours. in these days, 19hours for single play is really long. story, characters, 2D games, mini puzzle are all nicely done. 
    I'm 2-3 hours in and i'm having such a blast. Really fun game, and the art direction and environments are stunning 
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By niamahai

it should have been a Zelda clone instead of a mario+DMC hybrid.

The things I could have done with that umbrella!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.