Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alice: Madness Returns

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Alice is back, and so is her fragile grasp on reality. She must journey through both Victorian London and the dark world of Wonderland to retain her sanity and find out the truth behind her family's deaths, in this long-awaited sequel to American McGee's Alice.

The environments

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By kerse

I wish they went with colorful more often in this game, the vale of tears looked amazing and I just got to the card bridge which looks great too. Am I the only one?

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By vortextk

You're not the only one. Later chapter 4 looks good but isn't as colorful, and I'm in the beginning of chapter 5 which looks like a kid's 64 box crayola set; it has crazy color. The thing I think I hate is all the stone. Way too much random stone everywhere in all the chapters, especially when it often looks...bad. A cleaner look like the card bridge or something a bit more artistic/surreal like the vale of tears or parts of whatever the chapter 3 oriental place is called works best. It's like they had no ideas for large stretches of areas, so 90% of all the material there is just "natural" looking stone, but with really bad textures too often. Texture is less noticeable when you're looking at something artsy than what should look more realistic. Though I think award for worst textures ever goes to a lot of the lava in the hatter's domain. Man...

American wanted to ground a lot of the places you see in wonderland in the mundane alice sees in london which sometimes feels like it hurts. The card bridge really is stunning(planning on replaying that to show someone this game) and I think a bit more creative freedom and surreal atmosphere would've helped the levels/platforming. I realize he didn't want to just get into abstract nonsense but it felt like they could've played around a bit more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.