Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien Breed 2: Assault

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

Alien Breed 2: Assault is a follow up to the isometric alien shooter, Alien Breed: Evolution.

Alien Breed 2: Assault Blasting Its Way To PC and 360 Soon

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson
    Alien Breed 2: Assault, a second title in the revitalized series of shooters based on the Amiga classic, is hitting Steam and Xbox Live Arcade this September 22, game creator Team17 Software announced this morning. This not-so-surprise unveil confirms a recent ESRB leak that pegged the game's name and Team17's intent, but didn't dispense precious details.

As with Assault's most recent predecessor, Alien Breed: Impact, you'll be in control of the gun-toting Conrad as he fights his way through a futuristic spacecraft. But in an ultimate example of "running around in circles," you'll be guiding Conrad back through his ship the Leopold--the same ship you had to get him off of in Impact--in a fresh attempt to restart the machine's engines and get out of alien dodge. 

As you might expect from a frantic arcade shooter like Alien Breed, the Leopold won't be filled with lollipops and clouds. It's innards will be filled with "wave after wave" of aliens to kill, according to the game's press release, a document which also made mention of new weapons to the series.

Assault will offer a campaign, co-op battles, and a new mode called "Survivor,"  which is a simple mode that has you (or you and friends) fighting off endless waves of enemies in an attempt to post the highest scores possible. 

No Caption Provided

== TEASER ==Design head of Alien Breed 2, John Dennis, had this to say in a statement, shedding some light on the game's new features:

As the second adventure in the Alien Breed trilogy, we’re really happy with how much ‘Assault’ adds to an already strong gameplay formula. We've got some awesomely destructive new weapons to purchase and upgrade, monstrous new boss battles, and some really exciting set-pieces.

Add to this our brand-new "Survivor" Mode, which pits players against relentless waves of enemies in either single-player or two-player co-op, and the stress-inducing, claustrophobic experience of moving ever deeper into a space station infested with blood-thirsty aliens, and you get a very strong offering that we hope will please both Alien Breed fans and players new to the game alike.

A PS3 version of the title is coming as well, according to a recent tweet by the studio's official Twitter account. No release date was provided for that specific version, and as of now, no price has been announced for any version of Assault. 
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson
    Alien Breed 2: Assault, a second title in the revitalized series of shooters based on the Amiga classic, is hitting Steam and Xbox Live Arcade this September 22, game creator Team17 Software announced this morning. This not-so-surprise unveil confirms a recent ESRB leak that pegged the game's name and Team17's intent, but didn't dispense precious details.

As with Assault's most recent predecessor, Alien Breed: Impact, you'll be in control of the gun-toting Conrad as he fights his way through a futuristic spacecraft. But in an ultimate example of "running around in circles," you'll be guiding Conrad back through his ship the Leopold--the same ship you had to get him off of in Impact--in a fresh attempt to restart the machine's engines and get out of alien dodge. 

As you might expect from a frantic arcade shooter like Alien Breed, the Leopold won't be filled with lollipops and clouds. It's innards will be filled with "wave after wave" of aliens to kill, according to the game's press release, a document which also made mention of new weapons to the series.

Assault will offer a campaign, co-op battles, and a new mode called "Survivor,"  which is a simple mode that has you (or you and friends) fighting off endless waves of enemies in an attempt to post the highest scores possible. 

No Caption Provided

== TEASER ==Design head of Alien Breed 2, John Dennis, had this to say in a statement, shedding some light on the game's new features:

As the second adventure in the Alien Breed trilogy, we’re really happy with how much ‘Assault’ adds to an already strong gameplay formula. We've got some awesomely destructive new weapons to purchase and upgrade, monstrous new boss battles, and some really exciting set-pieces.

Add to this our brand-new "Survivor" Mode, which pits players against relentless waves of enemies in either single-player or two-player co-op, and the stress-inducing, claustrophobic experience of moving ever deeper into a space station infested with blood-thirsty aliens, and you get a very strong offering that we hope will please both Alien Breed fans and players new to the game alike.

A PS3 version of the title is coming as well, according to a recent tweet by the studio's official Twitter account. No release date was provided for that specific version, and as of now, no price has been announced for any version of Assault. 
    Drod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Drod

Interesting, 

Finally!!

russcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By russcat

It's disappointing to hear assets are being recycled for the sequel. To be honest I'm surprised they're making one at all after Alien Swarm was released for free. Good luck to them.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By killer_meatballs

Sounds interesting.

Robin_Gr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Robin_Gr

I wonder did the launch of Alien Swarm for free take the wind out of the sails of the original, at least on PC.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Scooper

I swear Valve just put out a game pretty much the same as this for free.

Mumrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mumrik

Yeah, how the hell is this going to compete with Alien Swarm on Steam?
    The latter is free and will still likely get more post-release support than Breed, and they look extremely similar (outside of the co-op element).

pepperjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pepperjack

Enjoyed the first, was worried this series got canned.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By rjaylee

Good to see them get on this while Alien Swarm is popular, but like many have said already, it's going to be a tough sell if it's not going to be free. 

Actually, I can't even think of a feature set or anything of value to trump this over a free Alien Swarm.
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Devil240Z

I didn't play the free one on steam because online MP on PC scares me. maybe i will play on consoles .

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is visually very impressive, but gameplay-wise Alien Swarm is superior.

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Nentisys
    @Devil240Z said:
    " I didn't play the free one on steam because online MP on PC scares me. maybe i will play on consoles . "

wtf?
    darkjester74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By darkjester74

I own both Alien Breed and Alien Swarm on Steam and I enjoy both, each has its own charms.  To me Alien Breed is better as a solo experience whilst Alien Swarm is more like L4D and best enjoyed in a team of 4 people.  

It's bonkers that the game releases in 2 days and there is no pricing.  However, I checked the Steam forums and it sounds like Team 17 has had some disagreements with Valve about pricing.  Not sure what that is all about, but my guess is the game will be around $10.  Not sure tho, that's just a guess...

darkjester74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By darkjester74
    @Devil240Z said:
    " I didn't play the free one on steam because online MP on PC scares me. maybe i will play on consoles . "
    Alien Swarm is only available on Steam.  Also, Alien Swarm is a co-op game, so there is nothing to be afraid of.  :-)
    myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By myslead
    @Devil240Z said:
    care to explain what scares you at playing multiplayer on pc?
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Devil240Z
    @myslead said:

" @Devil240Z said:

care to explain what scares you at playing multiplayer on pc? "
    too much elitism. people flip out on you if you aren't amazing at the game. And the server browsers often confuse the shit out of me. (even though my fav PS3 game is SOCOM and its all server browsers)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I will probably get this on PS3 whenever it is released, I love me a good top down shooter. 

@Devil240Z said:

" @myslead said:

" @Devil240Z said:

too much elitism. people flip out on you if you aren't amazing at the game. And the server browsers often confuse the shit out of me. (even though my fav PS3 game is SOCOM and its all server browsers) "
    This is what makes it fun, if your teammate(s) flip out, just start sucking on purpose then sit back and watch their responses as they go nuts.
    Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Wandrecanada

Alien Breed is just a simpler and somewhat weaker version of what Alien Swarm turned out to be.  It lacks the depth of co op play, the difficulty (although it's no cakewalk) and the far more addictive level up style play that Swarm brought to the table.  Add to that fact Swarm is free and Breed is not makes it something I won't be bothering to pay money for.

And honestly adding the infinite swarm mode is just making the scope of your weakness even worse as it becomes a bad version of Zombie Apocalypse, another XBLA game that sports 4 player co op and just as good an experience.

BUCK3TM4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BUCK3TM4N

is this in any way related to alien swarm?? 

Cerberus86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cerberus86

Alien Swarm is the better game and I think they are going to make a bigger game based on that concept 

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killer_meatballs said:
    " Sounds interesting. "
    Nice avatar.
    KainCarver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KainCarver

Loved the first one, will definitely get the second.

Mumrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mumrik
    @Devil240Z said:
    What a truly odd thing to say. The PC online experience is generally more laid back than the console one. Fewer people bother with voice chat and perhaps the average age is a bit higher. Online verbal abuse was nowhere near the joke/plague it is now before XBL Gold hit mainstream.
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By crusader8463
    @Devil240Z said:
    " @myslead said:

" @Devil240Z said:

too much elitism. people flip out on you if you aren't amazing at the game. And the server browsers often confuse the shit out of me. (even though my fav PS3 game is SOCOM and its all server browsers) "
    /sarcasm Ya, because that's specific to PC gaming and no where else. /endsarcasm
    Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sanity

Might be ok.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @S0ndor said:
    " This is visually very impressive, but gameplay-wise Alien Swarm is superior. "
    Indeed.  Too late Team17, too late.
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By jonnyboy

I LOVE the original Alien Breed, but the XBLA game was just, well a bit dull.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#29  Edited By Lazyaza

Eh didn't care much for the demo of the last one, the ammo and health system is too survival-ish and not i'ma-shoot-everything-ish enough which imo would suit the game better since its basically an isometric action game in other respects.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JP_Russell

Ah, cool.  I look forward to trying its demo when it comes out and BUY OUR GAME BUY OUR GAME BUY OUR GAME BUY OUR GAME BUY OUR GAME

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By killer_meatballs
    @Khann said:
    " @killer_meatballs said:
    " Sounds interesting. "
    Nice avatar. "
    Thanks
    priced4evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By priced4evil

Liked the first one, and I hope the second one improves on an already great game!

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ
    @Scooper said:
    " I swear Valve just put out a game pretty much the same as this for free. "
    Its called Alien Swarm and the original came out way before the brand new Alien Swarm
    Gugi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gugi9000

I bought Impact just a month before Alien Swarm came out. 

I've completed, but it was quite a chore. Not the joyful experience the glorious co-op that is Alien Swarm. 

First when I saw this I was happy. But then I remembered how bad it is compared to AS and it's own original version on the Amiga. I really want to like it, but that's probably just nostalgia. 

They better not remake Cannon Fodder and do as poorly :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.