Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien: Isolation

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 07, 2014

A survival horror game set fifteen years after the original Alien film. It stars Amanda Ripley, the daughter of the film's protagonist, Ellen Ripley.

Confirmed for late 2014 release on PS4, XB1 & more

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

UPDATE.

SEGA has finally announced Alien: Isolation, confirming the first official details on Creative Assembly's long-rumoured Alien title.

Due for release on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC in late 2014, Alien: Isolation follows the plights of Ellen Ripley's daughter Amanda, sent aboard remote trading station Sevastopol on a mission to recover the flight recorder of her mother's ship, the Nostromo, 15 years after the events of the original Alien movie.

The game also appears to be taking a starkly different direction to previous Aliens games, with the focus having moved away from combat and repositioned on slower-paced survival horror.

It's Amnesia in space, essentially, with Ripley stalked by a lone Xenomorph aboard the station.

"When she left Earth, Ellen Ripley promised her daughter Amanda she would return home for her 11th birthday. Amanda never saw her again," reads the story synopsis.

"Fifteen years later, Amanda, now a Weyland-Yutani employee, hears that the flight recorder of her mother's ship, the Nostromo, has been recovered at the remote trading station Sevastopol. The temptation for her to finally understand what happened is too much to resist. When the crew arrive at Sevastopol, they find something is desperately wrong. It all seems to be connected to an unknown menace, stalking and killing deep in the shadows.

"In order to uncover the truth about her mother, Amanda is forced to confront the same terrifying thing that separated them."

The official announcement follows months of leaks, which saw screenshots, artwork and the synopsis leaking online. Still, if you want to see the first official screenshots head through here.

Source

Lets hope this game is good for Teenage Drew's sake. Here is Gameplay footage!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Teenage Drew is always excited, just hope he's not disappointed.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Alien: Isolation... and three other guys. Yeeeess, I know the definition of isolation isn't restricted to the isolation of a single person, but... still.

Oh wow, apparently there's only a single necromorpth EDIT: Ha, I said necromorph instead of alien... er, easy mistake?

I had envisioned this was going to theoretically be a more well made Colonial Marines, but reading up on it makes it seem more akin to something like the Outbreak games. I am now suddenly extremely interested in seeing how this turns out!

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hatking

I hope this turns out. I really, really do. But I'm hedging my expectations. This stuff always has a way of disappointing me.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By ArtisanBreads

YEEEEEAAAASSSS.

I actually got really excited yesterday when that Xbox Store info said "Alien" (singular) in the discription. Could be so awesome. This is exciting.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

Goddamn, if both this and The Evil Within pan out and actually succeed at being effective survival horror games, then this could damn well be the beginning of the survival horror renaissance I've been waiting for all this time!

Oh Jesus, I am enveloped in a dangerously thick cloud of hype right about now...

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

God damn that trailer brought me back to when I saw the first film. That is a good sign. I really hope it pans out, didn't know creative assembly was working on something other than the total war games. By the way really into the resurgence of horror games. Evil within, soma and this, maybe this will positively affect my beloved resident evil next release.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm who is making it?

some internal sega studio or someone else?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Sackmanjones

@yummylee: ya the co op is a little weird but since it doesn't seem they are relying on it, it would probably be fine playing alone. Still, co op could be cool if done right. I think it would be smart if maybe they did a dynamic voice chat. So if you split up you can't hear each other. As for me, I'll probably play alone but this is early and they couldn't announce something to make co op a bit sweeter

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexgbro said:

hmm who is making it?

some internal sega studio or someone else?

Creative Assembly.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@yummylee said:

Oh wow, apparently there's only a single necromorpth EDIT: Ha, I said necromorph instead of alien... er, easy mistake?

I think the fact that they are called xenomorphs might have also led to your brain half-remembering it so you are half-right!

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a big fan of the original Alien movie this looks pretty great. Watching the trailers and hearing the original score and sound effects gave me goosebumps. I really hope this turns out good but I'm tempering my expectations after seeing how Colonial Marines turned out.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so its Ca do have they ever made a horor game before i know only that they made strategy games like total war series?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#15  Edited By sammo21

I posted the video in a separate forum post. I think this game, so far, looks great. Definitely on my radar.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower said:

@yummylee said:

I think the fact that they are called xenomorphs might have also led to your brain half-remembering it so you are half-right!

Yummylee is just thinking of Dead Space 3!!

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope this game is good!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexgbro said:

so its Ca do have they ever made a horor game before i know only that they made strategy games like total war series?

They've made a few different action games now (that I think were underrated: Space Marine, Viking, Spartan) but no horror. But they did hire on a lot of talent to make this game so I don't know if that information is really valuable. Kind of just going to judge this on what we see.

SEGA has been investing in CA.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I am glad there is a happy medium between the one Dead Space/FEAR extreme of Get These Guns And Explosions Blood Tits Waaaah and the other Daylight/Clock Tower extreme of You Can't Do Anything Walk Around Until The Scripted Scary Stuff Happens Run.

I want Silent Hill with more responsive controls. So I want Silent Hill 3.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Klei

So, they played Amnesia and want to make an Alien version of it, right? With co-op?

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@alexgbro said:

They've made a few different action games now (that I think were underrated: Space Marine, Viking, Spartan) but no horror. But they did hire on a lot of talent to make this game so I don't know if that information is really valuable. Kind of just going to judge this on what we see.

Wait a sec, I thought Relic did Space Marine not Creative Assembly?

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: Yeah Relic made that. And This is a new team with CA.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@jimmyfenix: There's a Dev Diary now too. Due Late 2014.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for underwatertree1
    UnderWaterTree1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By UnderWaterTree1

At long last a survival horror aliens game

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Fingers crossed.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@gaspower said:

@artisanbreads said:

@alexgbro said:

Wait a sec, I thought Relic did Space Marine not Creative Assembly?

Yep, sorry!

Got my RTS developers gone action mixed up.

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So during the interview in the original post, the guys talk about how they were wondering why no one ever went to look for the Nostromo and that it was just floating around in space. I'm sorry but didn't Ellen Ripley destroy the Nostromo when she activated it's self destruct at the end of Alien? Why would there be a black box, let alone any part of the Nostromo remaining?

/Confused.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's actually exciting for me as someone who generally isn't a big fan of the franchise. I love the premise basically being the first movie rather than the many less threatening aliens. Although, the last game also had people really excited and I can't bring myself to do that if it means another disappointment.

masterofchaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I don't know guys.

Fool me once..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.