Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien: Isolation

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 07, 2014

A survival horror game set fifteen years after the original Alien film. It stars Amanda Ripley, the daughter of the film's protagonist, Ellen Ripley.

How is the 360 version?

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm looking to play this over xmas break. Buying an xbone or ps4 is not out of the question, however I'm very happy with my 360 still.

How is the 360 version? In my experience the old console versions of cross-gen games seem to suffer and perform poorer than standard games for that console do in a lot of ways (example: wolfenstein new order, Just Cause on PS2).

Seeing as this is an atmosphere-heavy game that aims to draw you in, moderate technical/graphical shortcomings would hamper my enjoyment.

Thanks

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

"The last-gen releases of Alien: Isolation feature all of the core elements found in the PS4, Xbox One and PC releases to successfully recreate the suspense and much of the atmosphere of the top-end versions. However, the experience is compromised by low frame-rates and a rough, sub-720p presentation that makes it much harder to remain immersed. Xbox 360 gets the nod here, although some detail is lost to black crush in darker areas."

That's what Digital Foundry says. I just beat the game and it had some bad frame-rate dips and hitched up badly on Xbox One. It seems to hitch up a lot when recording game clips (which it did automatically whenever I would kill a synthetic) so that might just be a One problem. Also it completely crashed 2 times; just had to reload though. My opinion is (and you alluded to this) that the game relies so much on atmosphere that comprising that would make the game not as enjoyable. Not sure how much that is compromised on the old consoles though.

So take that as you will. The game is a long haul for sure so you get your money's worth.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.