Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien: Isolation

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 07, 2014

A survival horror game set fifteen years after the original Alien film. It stars Amanda Ripley, the daughter of the film's protagonist, Ellen Ripley.

Patrick spoiled a big part of Alien: Isolation for me

• 61 results
    BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By BisonHero

How are people that surprised that the alien doesn't appear for a while? Pretty sure original AVP was like that, with a bunch of fakeouts for quite a while before you encounter an alien. Amnesia has you walk around collecting tinderboxes for like an hour before you ever encounter any creature that can actually harm you. Plenty of horror games have you just walk around for 10-45 minutes before anything actually dangerous happens.

Glic2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They should've made the game 20 hours long, and only have the alien appear in the final hour. That would've been awesome.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

@tits_matador: I used to walk 15 miles through the snow to get my spoilers

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By burgavo

So first off let me say, I usually don't watch the bombing in the AM stuff and haven't read what is under the spoiler protection highlight so I have no Idea what specificly was spoiled for you guys and how it came about in the conversation. So this might be completely out of context and my apologies if it is.

As it stands my advice would fall inline with what @humanity said if you think you might be interested in a game or are someone who is afraid of having critical plot / story stuff spoiled for yourself tune down the amount of media you consume about the subject or go on complete media blackout, at least if you are already convinced you will buy it anyway. Watch the QL when the game comes out (the crew are usually pretty a avoiding major spoilers ) I tend to do this for games I am almost certain I want to buy where discovery or story are the main attractions.

I did it for DarkSouls and DarkSouls 2 (I like to discover all the crazy bosses for myself) and am on blackout for Blood Borne right now.

So I guess all I can say is, if your sensitive to spoilers perhaps you should be a little more selective in the media and information you choose to consume.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I can sorta see how this might be a spoiler for some people but I also don't think it's anything serious enough that it shouldn't be mentioned. Specially when you consider how long the game apparently mentioning the first 90 minutes is pretty small potatoes.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By bybeach

I came up on this thread after MB justifiably modified it on several counts. But from the general comments, I've seen this snit before. And though inclined, I do not automatically take the reviewer or pro's side on it. Though I suspect Pat, if anyone, would be sensitive to this issue. It seems rather most of the time I am critical of the poster calling 'spoiled'. Worse when there is failure to not lay it on others. I read the OP's first post like I was sticking my foot in a trap because it has happened before...Granted the OP said his difficulty was technical/didn't know procedure .

Bit sometimes I do agree. It can be very grey.

I'd been avoiding this thread in fear of being reminded of the spoiler in question, but it's really not that bad. It's a staple of both the Alien series and horror films in general to have nothing happen in the opening act.

I will probably break down and read this. I needs to know!!!

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By RockyRaccoon37

@bisonhero: Yeah, this really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who has watched or played anything with the Alien name in it. It's par for the course at this point. I'd be much more scared if an Alien showed up suddenly within the first five minutes.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By mike

What they should have done is made Alien: Isolation 20 hours long and not had the Xenomorph show up until the DLC.

That would have been scary.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The real twist is that you are the alien!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@jimbo: Wasn't that just Alien Resurrection?

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

What's with all the people clicking on a thread about Alien: Isolation spoilers and then going "Oh man I can't believe I saw spoilers here"?

Harknett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Harknett

If you're really concerned about that level of spoilers, you probably shouldn't consume any media related to the game other than what the publisher releases in an official context.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

What's with all the people clicking on a thread about Alien: Isolation spoilers and then going "Oh man I can't believe I saw spoilers here"?

It was a general discussion thread with no spoiler block before a mod fixed it.

@jimbo said:

The real twist is that you are the alien!

It takes 20 hours to find the Ripley.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.