Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien Swarm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 19, 2010

A freeware top-down co-operative shooter where a squad of marines must investigate and prevent the spread of a rampant alien infestation. It was originally a total conversion for Unreal Tournament 2004 before its team, hired by Valve for other projects, completed it as a side-project.

Alien Swarm: Thoughts, Strats, etc.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I've been enjoying this game quite a bit as it's free on Steam and thus an easy game to rope friends into playing with you. For those who haven't played it's a shooter utilising an isometric perspective that is essentially Left 4 Dead but with aliens and virtually the same class-based cooperative survival mechanics. I find that experimenting with different strategies and classes/equips is part of the charm, especially at harder difficulties. I was just wondering if anyone had any particular/preferred strategies for speedrunning levels in the game or surviving on Brutal, with or without Hardcore FF and onslaught? 

I frequent the Australian dedicated servers if anyone also happens to be looking for teammates. Alternatively, I'm happy to help out newcomers, as it's quite an unforgiving game at first.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DonPixel

Man you have no idea how love this game.. The first couple of hours can´t bet thouf..  

Saddly is game that requires non retards.. if you manage to find people to play with is great

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.