Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien Swarm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 19, 2010

A freeware top-down co-operative shooter where a squad of marines must investigate and prevent the spread of a rampant alien infestation. It was originally a total conversion for Unreal Tournament 2004 before its team, hired by Valve for other projects, completed it as a side-project.

Starcraft 2 not letting me in, and the Alien Swarm

devosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By devosion

Today, as many steam-users known, marks the day that Alien Swarm was released. This is also the day that I can't seem to get into Starcraft 2 Beta. Everytime I start the game up, upon it loading, I get a message sayings im trying to access the Starcraft 2 beta with an unsupported client version. I did have a very small patch go through earlier, and I really didn't feel like searching the internet, and messing around with it in order to play some SC2 Beta. Instead my download of Alien Swarm finished and boy did it make me forget about the fact that I couldn't play SC 2.   

For those that don't know. The game is free. So if you like free things then this one is in the bag. Secondly, the game is really good. I just got through on the easy mode, and it plays like a squad tactics game with a top-down view. Most of the time my random team-mates were running around hitting each other, and generally not acting as a squad, but even on easy the game is pretty lenient about that. Once you hit normal you need to work as a group, and using the available classes to their best effect. The game looks stunning, and has a certain addiction to it that will see repeated play-throughs. There is one game that Alien Swarm reminds me of, and thats Cannon Spike. Due to the fact that you can aim interdependently of your movement, and can see all around you, you'll be able to handle enemies from all directions. And the intricacies of working as a group to handle the various locations, and types of enemies, makes for a thrilling experience. As you progress through the levels your characters are awarded experience which translates into level ups for your character that unlock new items. Each class has a choice of two equip-ables (weapon or non-weapon), and a sub-item that is used with the 1 key. It makes for some deep variety and some very interesting strategy. I really can't wait to get into this game in hard mode with a seasoned team who is interested in squad tactics. 

With that said just download the game. It's stellar and a blast to play. It looks great, and its free! Just download it. And with any luck i'll be reviewing this game within the next few days so I have my official thoughts to share. 

devosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By devosion

Today, as many steam-users known, marks the day that Alien Swarm was released. This is also the day that I can't seem to get into Starcraft 2 Beta. Everytime I start the game up, upon it loading, I get a message sayings im trying to access the Starcraft 2 beta with an unsupported client version. I did have a very small patch go through earlier, and I really didn't feel like searching the internet, and messing around with it in order to play some SC2 Beta. Instead my download of Alien Swarm finished and boy did it make me forget about the fact that I couldn't play SC 2.   

For those that don't know. The game is free. So if you like free things then this one is in the bag. Secondly, the game is really good. I just got through on the easy mode, and it plays like a squad tactics game with a top-down view. Most of the time my random team-mates were running around hitting each other, and generally not acting as a squad, but even on easy the game is pretty lenient about that. Once you hit normal you need to work as a group, and using the available classes to their best effect. The game looks stunning, and has a certain addiction to it that will see repeated play-throughs. There is one game that Alien Swarm reminds me of, and thats Cannon Spike. Due to the fact that you can aim interdependently of your movement, and can see all around you, you'll be able to handle enemies from all directions. And the intricacies of working as a group to handle the various locations, and types of enemies, makes for a thrilling experience. As you progress through the levels your characters are awarded experience which translates into level ups for your character that unlock new items. Each class has a choice of two equip-ables (weapon or non-weapon), and a sub-item that is used with the 1 key. It makes for some deep variety and some very interesting strategy. I really can't wait to get into this game in hard mode with a seasoned team who is interested in squad tactics. 

With that said just download the game. It's stellar and a blast to play. It looks great, and its free! Just download it. And with any luck i'll be reviewing this game within the next few days so I have my official thoughts to share. 

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

starcraft 2 beta is over, since release is next week.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

SC2 beta is over Bro, the error is you. 

devosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By devosion

I have been had, but Alien Swarm is till ownage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.