Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 12, 2013

A first-person shooter set in the Alien universe. The player is part of a search-and-rescue team sent out to search for the missing USCM team last seen in Aliens.

Are you excited about Aliens: Colonial Marines?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I am still not 100% sure this game is going to end up as vaporware but everything I read about this game makes me want to check it out.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

No; I'm excited about Borderlands 2 though...

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

Well of course this game's not vaporware, the question is whether it's going to be good or not. As a huge fan of Ridley Scott's Alien and James Cameron's Aliens, I hope this is a great game. From the looks of it, I can't yet tell yet, so right now I'm hoping. I just wish they could make one good game off a movie license I love. Ironically, I'm hoping they make the next Chronicles of Riddick film great, 'cause I love the game, but I don't like the movies too much. That was off topic, but still.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM
    @BeachThunder: Eek. Whatever suits you though, I'm sure it'll get fine reviews, but from my personal time having and playing the first, I'm definitely not excited about that game.
    BR4DL3I9H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By BR4DL3I9H

I wasn't, but after seeing the newest trailer i am getting more and excited to play it. Here's hoping it doesn't turn out to be terrible.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By KillyDarko

More than Borderlands 2 and most definitely more than that Furious 4 travesty, that much is certain.
    I'm still trying not to keep my hopes too high, though.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

I was going to ask this question again in a new thread, but seeing as I had already made one... So, anyone's mind change about this by now? I'm sure the game play video that was shown is old news by now and the time the game comes out. Fun fact, did you know that Gearbox visited Ridley Scott to talk about Prometheus for possible connections? Supposedly the game is coming out in the fall, so we'll see the film by then, and that makes it a little weird, 'cause usually it's a somewhat unimportant game that comes out before a film to explain the little details of the film, but this'll be different. I had thought about it, and it seems fine since the story of the game takes place after the film. Hopefully someone will keep this thread alive for a while longer, 'cause I think the game for now, deserves some attention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_Colonial_Marines

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By stryker1121

@NTM: I love the universe but the gameplay footage hasn't thrilled me. Scripted events, set pieces, wacky new alien species. These things aren't unexpected, but they're not going to make me run out and purchase the game when the fall is going to be packed w/ interesting titles.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Want to be but been let down by this franchise so many times before. I don't see how they keep getting it wrong? It's all there in the second movie!

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Dylabaloo

I was a couple years ago.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dezztroy

After what they showed back whenever (E3? I dunno), which was just a mediocre looking FPS, not really. I was expecting a tactical coop shooter full of tension, and what I saw was just shooting and running.

I hope they decided to only show the "cinematic" parts though.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By GTCknight

Yes, I'am looking forward to it.

The way I see it it'll either be one of the better games to come out this year, or one of the worst to come out.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

In theory ... need to see more gameplay before I can make a call on this one.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By Sooperspy

Yes, I love the Aliens franchise (Or really just the first 2 movies and AVP games) and I think Gearbox makes some great FPS'. I'm just worried that since it's been delayed so much that it won't turn out too great.

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
    chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I am super stoked. From what I have seen so far it looks great.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM

@Redbullet685: Actually, I feel the total opposite about the delaying aspect. I think with every shown footage to come out that's new, it just keeps looking slightly better, and that makes me happy. I definitely agree about what's likable and what's not though when it comes to the Alien franchise.

@chocolaterhinovampire: Glad you're excited about it, also, thanks for bumping this old thread?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Justin258

I'll get excited on release day, when it actually comes out. This sucker has been popping its head into and out of things for a few years now.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By Sooperspy

@NTM said:

@Redbullet685: Actually, I feel the total opposite about the delaying aspect. I think with every shown footage to come out that's new, it just keeps looking slightly better, and that makes me happy. I definitely agree about what's likable and what's not though when it comes to the Alien franchise.

Alien 3...

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NTM

@Redbullet685: Alien 3 wasn't good, and Alien Resurrection was even worse. Personally, I look at Alien 3 and Resurrection as non-canon. When I think of the Alien franchise, I think about Alien, Aliens, and most likely the upcoming Prometheus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.