Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens vs. Predator

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Feb 16, 2010

The third game in the popular AvP franchise. Players are be able to control one of the three deadly species in a fight for survival.

Alein Vs. Predator Demo

• 92 results
    danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By danguy

On February 4th Xbox 360, PS3 and PC will get a demo of Alien Vs. Predator. It was not said whether it will be single or multiplayer.

Note: My bad on the misspelled title.

demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By demigonis

Yup, the demo is hitting all 3 platforms (PC, Xbox 360, and PS3) on February 4th aka this Thursday.

Consider me excited!! :D

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RsistncE

Better be multiplayer since that's really the only portion of this game that I care about...

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hatking

Better be single player because multiplayer demos are dumb.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Rayfield

Sweet.

demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By demigonis
    @RsistncE: I kind of hope it's single-player because of your self-righteous entitled attitude. :D
    Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Novyx
    @HatKing:
    Even in a game that people will likely only care about the multiplayer for?
    Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sil3n7

Better be good, cause those are the only kind of games I care about

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RsistncE
    @Demigonis said:
    " @RsistncE: I kind of hope it's single-player because of your self-righteous entitled attitude. :D "
    I'd call it a "self-righteous entitled attitude" if they were giving me the game for free. They aren't. They're marketing the game to me to convince me to buy it. Welcome to the 21st century.
    demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By demigonis
    @Novyx said:
    " @HatKing:Even in a game that people will likely only care about the multiplayer for? "
    I think that's a really shallow way of looking at it. If a game has multi-player and single-player it doesn't mean that one of those needs to be the ultimate main event and the other component is instantly throw-away and stupid.
    demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By demigonis
    @RsistncE: Well, that's what you get for saying it "better" be multi-player... it BETTER BE? Or what? You'll not buy it? You'll cry? You'll count to 10 and if they haven't started cleaning their room you're going to come in there and ground them?

People who say things "better" be the way they want them to be... ugh.

Your opinion would have been much better expressed in a positive context instead of a negative one. Perhaps something like "This game's multi-player intrigues me, and I hope I get a chance to play it before I have to make an important purchasing decision." Instead of "This better be how I want it to be or I'll throw a fit." kind of attitude.
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Druminator

Hope it's multiplayer!!

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Novyx
    @Demigonis:
    I never said anything of the sort. I'm just saying that this is a new entry in a series known for being multiplayer, so why would the demo focus on the portion that people are less curious about? Maybe I'm just off, but I've never heard anyone rave about the campaign in the old AVP games. It was always about the multi.
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rayfield
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Demigonis said:
    " @RsistncE: I kind of hope it's single-player because of your self-righteous entitled attitude. :D "
    I'd call it a "self-righteous entitled attitude" if they were giving me the game for free. They aren't. They're marketing the game to me to convince me to buy it. Welcome to the 21st century. "

Damn, even my cyncism ain't that extreme. I hope your teeth aren't damaged from holding that gun in your mouth every night.
    danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By danguy
    @Demigonis said:
    " Yup, the demo is hitting all 3 platforms (PC, Xbox 360, and PS3) on February 4th aka this Thursday.  Consider me excited!! :D "
    Thanks for letting me know that, I wasn't sure if it was on the other platforms as well.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RsistncE
    @Demigonis said:
    " @RsistncE: Well, that's what you get for saying it "better" be multi-player... it BETTER BE? Or what? You'll not buy it? You'll cry? You'll count to 10 and if they haven't started cleaning their room you're going to come in there and ground them?  People who say things "better" be the way they want them to be... ugh.  Your opinion would have been much better expressed in a positive context instead of a negative one. Perhaps something like "This game's multi-player intrigues me, and I hope I get a chance to play it before I have to make an important purchasing decision." Instead of "This better be how I want it to be or I'll throw a fit." kind of attitude. "
    Word of advice: if you continue taking every little word everyone says on the internet in such an literal fashion, you're going to drive yourself nuts. When I say "it better be" followed by a host of dots, on a games forum no less, I'm quite obviously being a little tongue in cheek.

Regardless it better be multiplayer...OR ELSE.
    Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bobdaman18

this game's multiplayer intrigues me and i hope i get the chance to play it before i have to make an important purchasing decision

demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By demigonis
    @RsistncE:  I'm quite experienced in interpreting the internet, so I don't need the advice... but thanks anyways.

Well, I hope the game is to your liking and you decide to get it. If you get the PC version perhaps we can tear each other's limbs off.
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By jonnyboy

I'd love to test out the Multiplayer. I have yet to play Left 4 Dead single player, and I've played the shit out of that game. If this is just a licensed clone then that's fine by me, they could have picked a far worse game to rip off.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rayfield

The longer I look at the misspelling in the thread title, the more I think it looks like Alan Vs Predator... 

i'M HERE! KILL ME! DO IT NOW!
    i'M HERE! KILL ME! DO IT NOW!
    demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By demigonis

Or perhaps Kramer vs Predator

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Novyx
    @jonnyboy:
    It's a modern version of the old PC game, made by the same company. As far as I know. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. New campaign, but multi is the same three-sided style that set the original apart.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Coombs
    @Demigonis said:

" @RsistncE: Well, that's what you get for saying it "better" be multi-player... it BETTER BE? Or what? You'll not buy it? You'll cry? You'll count to 10 and if they haven't started cleaning their room you're going to come in there and ground them?  People who say things "better" be the way they want them to be... ugh.  Your opinion would have been much better expressed in a positive context instead of a negative one. Perhaps something like "This game's multi-player intrigues me, and I hope I get a chance to play it before I have to make an important purchasing decision." Instead of "This better be how I want it to be or I'll throw a fit." kind of attitude. "

If it's not a multiplayer demo I will simply not purchase the game because the multiplayer IS the ONLY selling feature of this game IMO. Now I have stated before that with most FPS games I don't player the single player until after the multiplayer starts getting stale, Or my internet goes out.  But with this game I literally have ZERO interest in the single player, And IF the demo is multiplayer and IF I am impressed by it, And IF that makes me decide to buy it, the multiplayer would be the reason.
    And I'm fairly sure that RsistncEs sentiment here holds true for many people.

Are you really interested in the single player of this game? 
    Is that what your going to buy it for?

Edit:
    Take your own advice?

@Demigonis

said:

" @baconbits33: You should really take a break from jumping down people's throats. You're really coming off as a jerk, and talking down to other people's intelligence while making tons of errors is not very flattering for yourself. "

demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By demigonis
    @Coombs: I'm interested in both parts of the game. I'm going to buy it for both parts of the game.

Also, searching through my posting history to find and pull a quote completely out of context is rather silly. 

I'm sorry that you don't enjoy single-player FPS experiences.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Coombs
    @Demigonis said:
    " @Coombs: I'm interested in both parts of the game. I'm going to buy it for both parts of the game.  Also, searching through my posting history to find and pull a quote completely out of context is rather silly.   I'm sorry that you don't enjoy single-player FPS experiences. "
    Fair enough,
    And as far as "Searching through your post history...
    1. Welcome to the internet.
    2. You have 40 posts, It was the second one below your AvP posts...... 
        And how by the way, How was it out of context? I told you to take your own advice which was, Don't be a dick.

Also I do enjoy the single player, It just isn't the reason I would buy a FPS game. 
    Maybe your different but for me, Time put in looks like this
    SP: 5-10 hours
    MP: 20-100 hours  

So MP is the deciding factor, Whenever FPS are concerned.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SeriouslyNow

This game better be good or I'm gonna murder RstistencE by gutting him like pig and then rip his spine and head directly from his body in one movement.  Then I'll rape his corpse all the while singing the main theme to HMS Pinafore.

sarcasm is so edgy

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By jonnyboy
    @Novyx said:
    " @jonnyboy:It's a modern version of the old PC game, made by the same company. As far as I know. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. New campaign, but multi is the same three-sided style that set the original apart. "
    Hell, that's fine by me too. But now it just makes me really want to play a multiplayer demo.
    demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By demigonis
    @Coombs:  Oi, this has been blown way out of proportion. In the other thread the advice I was giving was to someone who was personally insulting someone else in the thread and doing it in an error-filled, self-deprecating, rude way. 

I haven't personally insulted anyone in this thread and have no desire to fight with people over things. I simply expressed the idea that I felt it would be nice to discuss the idea of a demo in a more positive way then what had transpired. 

I gathered you didn't enjoy single-player because you said " @Coombs said: I don't player the single player until after the multiplayer starts getting stale, Or my internet goes out.  But with this game I literally have ZERO interest in the single player".

I do not fault your logic for having multi-player as a deciding factor in your interest in the game, if you'll read my posts I think you'll realize I was never arguing that.

Anyways, I've said more then all I've needed to in this thread dedicated to the AvP demo. I hope it kicks ass.
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

I heard in some interview (that fat British guy) that they were trying to get a multiplayer demo out soon, so it's probably multiplayer. 

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @Demigonis said:
    " @Coombs:  Oi, this has been blown way out of proportion. In the other thread the advice I was giving was to someone who was personally insulting someone else in the thread and doing it in an error-filled, self-deprecating, rude way. 

I haven't personally insulted anyone in this thread and have no desire to fight with people over things. I simply expressed the idea that I felt it would be nice to discuss the idea of a demo in a more positive way then what had transpired. 

I gathered you didn't enjoy single-player because you said "@Coombs said: I don't player the single player until after the multiplayer starts getting stale, Or my internet goes out.  But with this game I literally have ZERO interest in the single player".  I do not fault your logic for having multi-player as a deciding factor in your interest in the game, if you'll read my posts I think you'll realize I was never arguing that. "
     It's the internet.
     It's the internet.
    demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By demigonis
    @MAN_FLANNEL: I've never wanted to high-five a lemur before... until now.
    demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By demigonis

They haven't said, we'll find out tomorrow though.

demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By demigonis

Aliens Vs Predator Demo Press Release can be found here: www.avpgalaxy.net

They've announced it will be a mutli-player demo available tomorrow with 1 level called "Refinery." All 3 species will be playable in a deathmatch mode.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ravensword

Its a Multipalyer Demo.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CL60

I will probably try out all of the versions.

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By crusnchill
    @DanGuy: The multi is the only section that you can play all three races, so as much as I want to sink my secondary alien mouth into some human npc's head in the campaign I guess I'll have to wait. Or not depending on what we are given. I'm optimistic about this game at the moment and I hope it's as good as previous installments of the franchise. :-)
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#37  Edited By Forcen
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Diamond
    @Forcen: Thanks for the heads up, downloaded, but I can't seem to join any games.  It's just always stuck on the 'searching for games' screen.  Looks like P2P matchmaking...
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#39  Edited By Forcen

I got into a game, played alien and kicked some ass, played with the xbox 360 controller a bit to.
    The climbing controlls where a bit confusing, but it was pretty fun until my screen became orange when i was killed by another alien and my computer locked up.

Blur_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Blur_Fan

Yes, the demo is multiplayer 
    http://www.gametrailers.com/news/aliens-vs-predator-demo-hitting/1801    

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Diamond

Just let it sit trying for about 30 minutes, never got in a single game.  Great demo, guys.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hatking
    @Novyx:
    I was just saying that because of the first response.  It kind of rubbed me the wrong way.  Actually I am interested in the multiplayer of the game and there is no reason the demo can't give us a taste of both.  Although if I had to choose one I'd prefer single player... but if I had to guess which one it'll be I'd say multiplayer.
    crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By crusnchill
    @Demigonis: I think the way you're expressing how you feel, Let's just say, isn't exactly diplomatic.
    But I do agree with the point you're making. Focusing on a negative point of view of what could possibly be in the game is glass-half-empty talk. How would he know? 

Plus, the fact that his negativity is based on nothing more than guesses only makes him look more stupid.

Oh well... There's no changing those types of people. Just be happy you know better. :-)
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing it on steam now, it is completely awesome.  Seems to be some connection problems.  It isn't laggy for me, but it freezes up and says "Connection issues" about once every 5 or 10 minutes.  It usually goes right back to the game though.  I love the predator, marines seem a bit overpowered.  Maybe not overpowered, but definitely easier to play than the alien or predator.  The alien is a bit disorientating. 

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By BigBoss1911

Cant get into any matches.....

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PureRok
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Barrock
    @crusnchill said:
    " @DanGuy: The multi is the only section that you can play all three races, so as much as I want to sink my secondary alien mouth into some human npc's head in the campaign I guess I'll have to wait. Or not depending on what we are given. I'm optimistic about this game at the moment and I hope it's as good as previous installments of the franchise. :-) "
    No, each race has a single player campaign. 

Anyway I keep getting Searching for Games...
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#48  Edited By ImperiousRix

I might have to get the demo, but my damn harddrive is super super low on memory.  Hopefully it's not that big of a file.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Barrock
    @ImperiousRix said:
    "

I might have to get the demo, but my damn harddrive is super super low on memory.  Hopefully it's not that big of a file.

"
    1253 MB and broken at the moment. Some people get in games and others sit there forevvvvvvvvvvver.
    demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By demigonis

There is definitely something wrong with the demo match-maker because it is causing lots of people to be stuck at "Searching for Games" for a while, so hopefully they get that ironed out soon.

I did, however, get a chance to get into a few games and it's fun. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.