Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens vs. Predator

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Feb 16, 2010

The third game in the popular AvP franchise. Players are be able to control one of the three deadly species in a fight for survival.

AvP is apparently my guilty pleasure MP game...

Blur_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Blur_Fan

...and I say that because so many reviewers see so many problems with this game.  To be honest, this is the most "fun" I've had playing a MP game since the first Gears of War. 

Yes, I can agree: it's not the most polished game.  But dammit, I have a lot of fun playing infestation, survivor, deathmatch variants.  Does anyone else feel this way?  

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Does it have dedicated servers?

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ryax
    @sodiumCyclops: the question that can make or break a game
    mastrbiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mastrbiggy

yes, but only if you have a ton a friends to play with

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Rowr

Where are all the pc reviews?

My roomate is playing the pc version and it seems pretty good? I could understand if the console versions suck.

It's quite amazing reading some of these reviews, it's like this was never released and critically successful, with everyone attaching the ip with the movies. I see alot of bitching about the graphics as well which seems weird because this game looks as good as anything i've seen recently released, on his computer, and its not even running on full.

The whole situation is kind of weirding me out.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Rowr: Yeah. From all the videos I've seen of the game, it's not a bad-looking game at all. 

I'd bet all the issues with the controls are at least stymied a little in the PC version.
    Workyticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Workyticket
    @Blur_Fan: Wholeheartedly agreed. Me and the housemate had an epic pass-the-controller session tonight, and it was glorious (Although the matchmaking is still a bit sluggish) The highlight for me was entering a species DM match where I was the only one to pick Marine. Did surprisingly well, considering it was me vs. something like five aliens and four Preds. And Survivor (Or as I've started calling it, Bill Paxton Simulator 2010) is a blast.
    Blur_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blur_Fan

Yeah, I don't get the whole graphics issue.  I mean, it's a dark game.  Ridiculously dark, but that sets the atmosphere.  And I haven't seen any bad textures, nor do I care.

@sodiumCyclops: No, there are no dedicated servers.  Although, I heard a rumor that PC is getting them.  But, I'm a console guy, so that doesn't effect me.  Sometimes, I run into lag, and it sucks.  That was mostly on ranked matches, because they use a matchmaking system that is a little dodgy (a la Gears 2).  Player matches let you host and select games from a list, which is what I use, and have experienced no problems. 

As far as controls go, I've gotten used to all of them.  I think there is a good hour or so learning curve for each species, but I don't see that being a bad thing.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gike987
    @Blur_Fan said:
    " Yeah, I don't get the whole graphics issue.  I mean, it's a dark game.  Ridiculously dark, but that sets the atmosphere.  And I haven't seen any bad textures, nor do I care. @sodiumCyclops: No, there are no dedicated servers.  Although, I heard a rumor that PC is getting them.  But, I'm a console guy, so that doesn't effect me.  Sometimes, I run into lag, and it sucks.  That was mostly on ranked matches, because they use a matchmaking system that is a little dodgy (a la Gears 2).  Player matches let you host and select games from a list, which is what I use, and have experienced no problems.  As far as controls go, I've gotten used to all of them.  I think there is a good hour or so learning curve for each species, but I don't see that being a bad thing. "
    The PC is definitely getting them.
    Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Bobby_The_Great
    @Blur_Fan:
    I totally feel this way. When there is a room full of people in deathmatch, and no one quits and the host doesn't leave (God, I hope they fix that), the MP in this game fires on all the fun-cylinders.  But, I can see why some people are trashing it.
    Blur_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blur_Fan

I just hope when Fall comes around, this game will still have a decent community behind it.  There simply isn't a MP like it right now, and I'm burnt out on military shooters.

Lights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lights

All these low review scores are wierding me out to, playing all the species campaigns and multiplayer I'm having a blast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.