Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alone in the Dark

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 24, 2008

A reboot of the Alone in the Dark series, once again following Edward Carnby in his fight against the vile creatures of the darkness.

To anyone that played the 360 and the Ps3 demo.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By zitosilva

Did you notice any difference regarding the controls and other things that had problems with the original release? Or are they overall the same?

I'm still downloading this, so I don't have an impression of my own. But I'd like some heads up if someone played them both.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By zitosilva

Okay, just finished the demo and I'm really not impressed. I can't say how awful the original release was because I didn't play it. But controls feel clunky, and the whole mix of 1st and 3rd person does not seem to work very well. Something in the ways of RE4 or Dead Space would've been much better.
    The demo has a driving part, it's the way from the building you start to the central park. It seems the driving was one of the major complains in the 360 version. It seemed to work here, though I did get stuck in a feel ledges that did not seem to be there. It's a little weird though that the car does not have any form of sound effect for its crashes.

I'll wait for the ps3 reviews when they come, but, even if the changes are significant, this game doesn't really seem like it's worth it.

Avatar image for redactedprofile
    RedactedProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By RedactedProfile

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/DJDarkViper/alone-in-the-dark-ps3-version/30-15379/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.