Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alone in the Dark

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 20, 2024

A reimagining of the seminal 1992 survival horror game.

Alone in Dark Delayed to January 2024!

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I would rather the game be good instead of rushed, but I am disappointed that Alone in the Dark is getting punted. At the same time, October is STUFFED with games. Anyone else looking forward to this?

mewmedic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm looking forward to Alone in the Dark but they would've gotten crushed in October by much bigger releases. It's for the best that they moved.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

It makes perfect sense for the delay. If they released it towards the end of the year, they would be competing with Alan Wake 2, which is looking like a very well made survival horror style sequel to an already popular franchise. And it's coming out before Halloween. So millions of people will still be playing it well into the holiday season, unless the game turns out to be a dud, but why take the risk...

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were working on an Alone in the Dark reboot?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bigsocrates  Online

I know that the Dead Space remake was well received but every Alone in the Dark product has been some form of garbage for a very long time now so I'm not going to get excited about this pre release. Delay it however long you need to in order to get it right, but actually get it right. I don't even know how much currency the brand has left anymore. It was very influential back in its day but that good will seems like it was spent long ago.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Excited for this game but there is already so much to play so I'm fine with this.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@shindig: Yes, with two playable protagonists modeled on (and acted by) Jodie Comer and David Harbour.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.