Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alpha Protocol

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 27, 2010

Control rogue agent Michael Thorton as he tries to unearth an international conspiracy in the near future (where everybody seems to have a hidden agenda or two) in this third-person action RPG.

My hour or so game time with Alpha Protocol.....

Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Xdsk

So i picked this game up cheap on a friends recommendation, and quite frankly i am loving it so far. Granted it has a few quirks, like dodgy AI and some hit detection issues but i am overlooking them on the promise of great story telling and engaging character interaction.

I think the main problem people have with this game is the fact that they are coming at it as an FPS when in truth it is an RPG, it isnt about twitch shooting its about behind the scene dice rolls and character development.

If you look at it like that and can afford to over look a few quirks, and are lucky (or savvy) enough to pick it up for £10 (or you equivelant currency) i would highly recommend it.

Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Xdsk

So i picked this game up cheap on a friends recommendation, and quite frankly i am loving it so far. Granted it has a few quirks, like dodgy AI and some hit detection issues but i am overlooking them on the promise of great story telling and engaging character interaction.

I think the main problem people have with this game is the fact that they are coming at it as an FPS when in truth it is an RPG, it isnt about twitch shooting its about behind the scene dice rolls and character development.

If you look at it like that and can afford to over look a few quirks, and are lucky (or savvy) enough to pick it up for £10 (or you equivelant currency) i would highly recommend it.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By donchipotle

Good game. Terrible line reading from Michael.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Azteck

It's not flawless at all, but goddamn do I love that game. It's a shame they won't do a second one because if they worked out some of the issues then it would be spectacular.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chop

Oh just wait until you run into bosses or the parts where you have to protect guys. 

If you don't throw the game out the window you're a stronger man then I. 
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BraveToaster

I also enjoyed it. It's a shame that there won't be a sequel.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By kingzetta

AP was a great game

Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xdsk

I have yet to get to any bosses ive only done the secondary missions to the first main quest. Although my opinion may rapidly change if i run into a wall of boss battle bullshit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.