Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

American Truck Simulator

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 02, 2016

A spin-off and sibling game to Euro Truck Simulator 2, bringing the series' driving simulation and trucking fleet management across the ocean to the USA.

Quicklook TrackIR/Custom Builds

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the TrackIR setup they were using on the quicklook? I bought the game and liked it enough to buy an entry level racing wheel but I just realized how Vinny said its hard to play without TrackIR. When I looked it up I did not see the thing that they had on the hat. Is this an official TrackIR product? This link at the bottom of the page shows something similar which is a TrackIR pro clip and I'm assuming you'll have to buy the actual trackIR unit with it. Does anyone know if this is the actual set up GBeast is using?

Also, Id rather not drop $170 on such a silly thing. Has anyone built their own trackIR system or knows a munch cheaper way to go about this? Thanks guys.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

GBEast is using just a default TrackIR 5 I guess. The thing that attaches to the hat comes free.The Pro clip is made really flimsy but I like it better than wearing a hat because the sun messes up your tracking if you use it, you don't get that problem if you use the Pro clip.

If you have an eyetoy, that is supposedly the best camera for "free" tracking. There is free tracking software out there like Face Track Noir and others I don't remember but they're not as good imo. You get what you pay for and TrackIR does have a monopoly on "good" head tracking so they charge whatever they want. It's well worth it if you plan on playing the "sim" genre alot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.