Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Android

Platform »

Google's mobile OS, available across multiple devices.

Best and/or cheapest option for a controller?

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By BBAlpert

If I had a PS3 or a Wii, I know I could just use those controllers, but I don't have either. Should I spring for a PS3 controller, or are there cheaper bluetooth gamepads available elsewhere?

I could also use a bluetooth keyboard, I suppose.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By GS_Dan

360 controllers are actually better supported and are more plug-and-play friendly.

They also come with the bonus of being usable on most modern PC games, so are a decent investment regardless. I try to never cheap out on controllers nowadays, I've bought too many 3rd party knock-offs.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BBAlpert

I should have specified that I meant for use with my phone (a Galaxy Nexus, if that makes a difference). I've got a 360 controller laying around, but I didn't think that the wireless signal it used was compatible with the phone's.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By GS_Dan

@BBAlpert: As long as you have a USB port on your phone/tablet (mini/micro/full) you can use this adapter, which also works with windows.

HDMI out to a TV and you pretty much have an Ouya, haha.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BBAlpert

I actually hadn't considered just getting some adapters and using my 360 controller. I may have to daisy chain 3 or 4 different things to get it to work, but a few cheap cables/adapters from somewhere like Monoprice is still a lot cheaper than 1 PS3 controller.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SmilingPig

I would advise to stay clear of Afterglow controllers; I had 2 controllers break on me after maybe 20h of use.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BBAlpert

@SmilingPig said:

I would advise to stay clear of Afterglow controllers; I had 2 controllers break on me after maybe 20h of use.

Thanks for the heads up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.