Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Android

Platform »

Google's mobile OS, available across multiple devices.

Looking for a Good JRPG for Android Phones

GhostPantsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am personally looking for a pay and done JRPG for Android phones, but a great Free to Play could be interesting. Extra credit for recommending a game that is not a Square Enix mobile port. Also, turned based games are welcomed too. Please and thank you.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@ghostpantsu: Sorry the only JRPG game i'v played on a phone is Final Fantasy IV. It played and ran really well but drained the battery pretty fast.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well to be honest I would say work your way through some SNES games via emulation. Might as well play some of the best classics.

Of course that would involve dumping your SNES carts, yes? We're all upstanding gentlemen around here.

You could play those Square Enix ports, but they ruined the graphics for the 2D games and I hear the 3D ports have some issues too.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The World Ends With You is probably the best one that S-E didn't mess with too much porting over to Android.

Google Play Link

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SaFt

I'm pretty sure Dragon Quest VIII is available on Android. If you haven't played it before on the PS2 you should definitely check it out. I played it for the first time a couple of months ago and while i'm not quite done with it yet (RPGs are long) i now consider it, with Skies of Arcadia and Earthbound, one of my favorite RPGs.

It might be a bit slow at the start but once the world opens up (so you can start looking for special monsters to build your monster team and hunt for mini medals) and you get access to the boat and other means of transportation it really gets super fun. Also the art is fantastic and super colorful.

EDIT: Yup, it's available. Not sure how the quality of the port is though.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Have you tried Mobius Final Fantasy or Final Fantasy Exvius? They seem weird and decent. F2P so maybe give them a shot.

GhostPantsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon: I tried FF Exvius for about ten minutes and I could not get into it. Just seeing that energy bar is a turn off.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By monetarydread
    • I am playing through an emulated version of Breath of Fire 4 right now, and it might be the secret best PSX RPG.
    • (edit) Revenant Dogma - I just remembered this one. I fucking loved this game, its like a PSX-era 2D RPG.
    • Games from the company Kemco - These are b-tier RPGs in the vein of PSX era Squaresoft, they can be beaten in a dozen hours or so, and some of them are better than others. I suggest them because right now though you will be hard-pressed to find a better group of new premium classic JRPG's for a reasonable price.
    • Aralon: Sword and Shadow - This game is Skyrim-lite.
    • Dark Fear - This game is a cross between a 486 adventure game and a turn-based jRPG. This might be one of my favourite games of the last few years.
    • Battleheart Legacy is not turn-based, but it's one of the best phones native RPGs ever released.
    • The Bards Tale is a fun throwback PC RPG in the vein of Baulders Gate. It has an amusing story and is worth every cent you pay for it.
    GhostPantsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GhostPantsu

@saft: I just started to download Dragon Quest VIII and will update on how it looks and runs. I never played a Dragon's Quest game might as well start there.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostpantsu: Good to hear. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as i have!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.