Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 08, 2012

The player takes the position of town mayor in this version of Animal Crossing for the Nintendo 3DS.

For folks who know about save editors and such, it's a long shot and I know it..

Throttlebottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I picked up a used copy of AC:NL for my 7 year old and let her use it with my "new 3DSXL" and she's been having a blast. Sadly I did not read the part where you need to nuke the existing town and or residents before she starts the game. So obviously there is another mayor in there and that's an issue. I started doing the research to now understand that there's nothing I can do with that save (would be delighted to hear that's not the case, but eh).

My current plan is to buy a second copy of the cart and have her start a new town, and then use the save editor to make the new town similar to the old and give her the items she has in the old save. I'd wipe the original cart, but we are working with 7 year old logic here, and it's cheaper in a bunch of senses to buy another cart. Is this a feasible thing? I know I need to put CFW on the 3ds which doesn't concern me much. I alsoknow she also scanned an amiibo and got a character as a result of that in the town and she'd like that to carry over if possible (don't know the term for what this type of character is).

Any help anyone can provide is appreciated. I've looked at the pages for the AC:NL save editor and I can't quite determine from that if I can do what I want. Thanks for taking the time to read.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.