Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing

Franchise »

Nintendo's popular open-ended series of life simulation games with cute anthropomorphized animals.

Animal Crossing Mobile - Nintendo Direct Announced for 10/24/2017

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jakoo_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Nintendo appears to be having a "Mobile Direct" for Animal Crossing this evening. Apparently there will be no announcements whatsoever about any "mainline" Animal Crossing entry on the Switch discussed tonight.

Personally, even though I'm a huge Nintendo fan, none of their mobile offerings have grabbed me thus far. Super Mario Run was stymied by the always-online requirement, Fire Emblem Heroes felt too fan-servicey, and Miitomo just felt....completely devoid of content. Animal Crossing probably makes the most sense as a mobile title, however, I am a bit concerned that it seems to exist in silo. I was hoping the mobile game would be an extension of the (presumed) Switch version of the game with meaningful crossovers, but the fact they are announcing it by itself seems to indicate it will stand on it's own.

What are people expecting out of the announcements tonight?

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nicksmi56

If all the fully featured Animal Crossing games I've come across along with friends absolutely loving them couldn't get me into the series, I doubt this will. Could always be wrong, but not expecting much.

Doofcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I hope this is just a side project spinoff and they're not moving the series over to mobile phones. There's nothing I hate more on phones than playing games on them.

That said... I'm hyped and will probably still pay for whatever this is!

jakoo_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doofcake: I kinda doubt they will make it a Mobile only series, especially given they seemed to backdoor a lot of QOL enhancements with regards to placing furniture and inventory management into side games like Happy Home Designer.

For some reason, the my worst instincts are telling me it’s going to be some SimCity Build It like clicker, but I hope to be proved wrong...

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Why the fuck isn't Nintendogs + Cats a mobile game already?!

conantheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome.

This is just about the only video game my mother plays and it's something we play together.

Getting a system for one game always seemed a little redundant but she always has the latest phone. :)

jakoo_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am watching this now. I am surprised in that it seems like a really miniature distillation of the Animal Crossing experience, and is much more fully featured then what I expected.

That being said, it doesn’t really introduce anything too different then what New Leaf did with likely much more depth. Seems like a great intro to the series for some folks though.

airbagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My girlfriend is in tears. She's put over 1000 hours into her village, so this is just heaven for her.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.