Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Anno 2070

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 17, 2011

Anno 2070, a part of Ubisoft's strategy franchise Anno, ditches historical settings for a futuristic one. The focus of the game stays true to the series formula of building up cities through exploration and resource management.

Has anyone tried this game yet?

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JCTango

I haven't tried any of the franchise's previous titles, but this one looks pretty interesting to me. Has anyone tried it yet? I think it came out not too long ago; if so, is it any good?

Anyone know if this one has any co-op campaigns?

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dystonym

I tried the demo, which is available here. http://www.gamershell.com/news_128212.html

It seems pretty cool, but not all that different to Anno 1404 in anything but aesthetic which obviously isn't a problem for you.

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

I played a few hours of the full game at a friends house and the demo really doesn't do the game justice. It's basically the first two tutorial missions when the real game is much deeper. If you like deep, slow city management games then you'll enjoy this. The futuristic setting and the two different factions make it a much different game to the other ones.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DeeGee

... this game came out?

*goes to buy it*

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

I've tried the demo and my impressions are that it's quite similar to the previous game, Anno 1404. Which certainly isn't a bad thing since I consider it to be one of the best management games in years.. I'll buy a copy of it later this week but from I can tell the whole eco theme looks really cool. Hoping for a QL. 'CAUSE ALL THE COOL GUYS DO QUICKLOOKS AMIRITE?!

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Drizzle

@Murdouken said:

I tried the demo, which is available here. http://www.gamershell.com/news_128212.html

It seems pretty cool, but not all that different to Anno 1404 in anything but aesthetic which obviously isn't a problem for you.

Is there anyway to play the demo without having to unzip it? I've dl'ed trial versions of winzip so many times the exe won't boot up when i re-download it. I'm just concerned it wont run on my laptop i have a intel core 2 duo p8600 @ 2.4 ghz, 4 gigs of ram, and a ati mobility radeon HD 4670. Does anyone know if this will be fine to run it?

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By WinterSnowblind

1404 was an amazing game, so yeah, if it's similar to that, it's definitely a worthwhile purchase.

For me, it's unfortunately just another game that came out during the very busy November period..

bogdanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bogdanius

Own a copy and already sank few hours into it.

Hard to say if it's better than anno 1404. Personally I preffered setting of previous games. You can really feel difference between two factions: Ecos are more dependand on good ecology, but that leads to higher maintenance because you have to build buildings that upkeep it (ecology) in good shape. Plus they're buildings are less productive. On other hand people are more easier satisfied you have less accidents on factories, but overall I think they're harder to play. Tycoons aren't so much dependant on ecology and they can create more efficent ways of obtaining resources (ecos for example can get coal only from mines while tycoons can use rotatory excavators to dig at any desired place) plus there's underwater construction. You can also now influence people via mass media (types of influence are for example: "increase taxes income, slowdown population increase"

All in all I think game is more complex than previous entry but I think I miss old setting so much. But interestingly enough when you're already in game you forgot all that and simply can't get enough of game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.