Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Anno 2205

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Nov 03, 2015

The 6th game in the main Anno series, having the most futuristic theme yet.

Is this game worth full price?

HighPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HighPriest

So Austin seems to be pretty into this game, but the Steam reviews seem to indicate that it is a flaming pile of garbage compared to previous Anno games. So is this worth the entry price or should I wait until it's down to $20ish?

astrophyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 20

Granted it's 4 months later, but this game is on sale quite a bit on the uPlay store, now generally 50% off. I played a few dozen hours of Anno 1404 from GOG and liked it, so I decided to take the plunge and bought 2205 for $40, which included the season pass. I'm really enjoying this game. There has been some criticism about the game being too straightforward, with no other modes besides a campaign mode, but it's exactly what I was looking for. I wouldn't turn away a continuous game mode or more scenario-style games, however, but I'm not missing them yet. I love how the game feels like it's alive and busy as if it is running without you there to guide it. Maybe the charm will wear off, but after a couple dozen hours I'm still running into some "eureka" moments where I feel smart and the game progresses into a new milestone. If you're looking for good RTS combat, this game may not satisfy you as much. The combat is pretty basic and casual so far. The building and trading is where it's at, and it's pretty fun for me at this stage of the game. It really consumes me each time I go in, with all the constant problems to solve in regards to keeping the company running smoothly and making lots of money. I'm often thinking about it during the day and can't wait to get back in so I can colonize and exploit more of the Moon.

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RikiGuitarist

Even though it doesn't stack up with previous Anno games, it's still a good game. I don't think it's worth full price, because you can get better Anno experiences cheaper that includes all the DLC.

If you like the setting/aesthetic of Anno 2205, I would wait about 2 months for the Steam Summer Sale. Then you can buy the super duper edition with all of the DLC at a big discount.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.