Anodyne is a top down Action-Adventure RPG with an open world. The world that Young, the protagonist, explores opens up as he advances through his adventure. The areas that he explores start off mundane but progressively get more surreal. Bosses must be defeated, equipment obtained, cards collected, and it all culminates in a final boss. The ending is open to interpretation.
The game plays similarly to the first Legend of Zelda, having Young travel between regions that are thematically different. Collecting equipment to bypass barriers with keys and different broom attachments. There are many barriers in his way such as holes that require jumping over, locked doors that open either with defeating every enemy in the room or using a key. He gets health upgrades by defeating bosses and opening card gates hidden across the worlds. There are multiple dungeons to explore until he reaches the end of his adventure.
System Requirements (PC)
- OS : Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
- Processor : 1.8 GHz processor
- Memory : 1 GB RAM
- Graphics : 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive : 130 MB HDD, 76.6 MB available space
System Requirements (Mac)
- OS : OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz+ processor
- Memory : 1GB RAM
- Graphics : 64 MB VRAM
- Hard Drive : 76.6 MB available space
Anodyne can be purchased at GOG, Steam, and Desura.