Do you think we'll get solo/duo play modes?

KnockingNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm really loving this game quite a bit (I'm still early on, I only recently reached level 8), but I honestly think I'd love it even more if they had a mode for lone wolf-style players like me.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was disappointed initially that there wasn't a solo option. But I think the game needs a team dynamic. I'd actually rather see a mode with larger teams... 4-5 maybe? But duos would also be fun.

Wonder why they fell one 3 as the default. I usually do decent (and I'm not good at this game by any means) when one of our teammates bails out quick and it's just me and another person.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Could've sworn they said prerelease that they only had teams of 3 to start with because they wanted to get the game out there first.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Would rather have a quads mode before solo or duo

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't really want any more than 3 because the player count just doesn't facilitate it but definatly could see duo working well.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Duos would be good. It sucks playing with someone else and having to have some rando as a third wheel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I think there will be a solo mode released alongside the battlepass to entice players who do not like squads to buy in.

KnockingNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I think eventually they will have to put it out there. Definitely makes it hard to play without a dedicated group that you can communicate with!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShaggE

I hope so. Just started playing and a match that lasts longer than 30 seconds is rare. Either I'm on the only team of silent randos (or one silent and one eight year old talking through a tin can) every time, my teammates suicide/AFK right off the bat, or I manage to drop right next to the one guy with 13000 kills who has done nothing but play Ape Leg since Feb 4.

Okay, that last one has nothing to do with teams vs. solo, but still.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

I can see it both ways, though the solo experience has always been my least favorite way to play a BR game. I’d also be worried that a solo mode would influence the development of future Legends. This game is best as a team game and I’d definitely like for that to be the only focus.

reap3r160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing how the game works, with the legends and the implementation of the ping systems, I don't see them ever doing solo.

I don't think it was built with solo play in mind. That said, I could see them going to quads and duos.

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'd really like a solo option, for when I wanted to have a knock around in the game but I'm not feeling like the added stress of letting down/being let down by two other people. I think it would make a nice fast paced 60 player deathmatch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.