Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney is the fourth entry in the main Ace Attorney series and was directed by Mitsuru Endo and wrote by Shu Takumi. The game takes place seven years after Trials and Tribulations and features a new protagionist of Apollo Justice. The game was originally released in Japan on April 12, 2007 for the Nintendo DS and released worldwide in 2008.
- Apollo Justice - The title character, a 22 year old budding defense attorney working under Kristoph Gavin, an experienced defense attorney. He has the unique ability to tune into people's tells and reveal when they are lying.
- Trucy Wright - The adopted daughter of former defense attorney Phoenix Wright. She is a magician in training who has a similar ability to Apollo.
- Kristoph Gavin - Apollo's former mentor, and a friend of Phoenix Wright.
- Klavier Gavin - The land's premiere prosecutor and the lead singer of rock band The Gavinners. He is the brother of defense attorney Kristoph Gavin.
- Phoenix Wright - Trucy's father and a former defense attorney who lost his badge 7 years ago.
- Ema Skye - Assisted Phoenix years ago in a trial to defend her sister, prominent prosecutor Lana Skye. She now uses science to investigate crimes.
Seven years after he was stripped of his attorney's badge, Phoenix Wright is charged in the murder of a traveler named Shadi Smith, and hires an old friend, Kristoph Gavin, to defend him, but insists that the defense attorney be a rookie attorney named Apollo Justice.
In his first case employed by the "Wright Anything Agency", Apollo is tasked to solve three simultaneous and seemingly unrelated incidents, which are eventually proven to be related to the killing of a doctor. Apollo is hired by the Kitaki family, a local gang, to defend their son in the murder. Klavier Gavin, Kristoph's brother, is introduced as the main prosecutor in this case, as well as Phoenix's adopted daughter, Trucy.
In the middle of a rock concert which Trucy and Apollo have been invited to by the band's frontman, Klavier Gavin himself, the manager of one of the guest performers is shot. Another of the guests, pianist Machi Tobaye, is accused of killing him, and Apollo is given his case.
In the test case of a new legal system, the Jurist System, Apollo takes on the case of a reclusive teenage girl, Vera Misham, charged with poisoning her father, Drew, in the middle of his first interview in seven years. During the investigation, the mysteries surrounding Phoenix Wright's last days as a defense attorney and the identity of the man pulling the strings since that incident come to light.
7 Year Trial
Taking control of Phoenix and Apollo, investigate crime scenes both past and present to prove Phoenix Wright's innocence, solving the mystery that caused him to lose his badge seven years ago.