Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

Cyberpunk 2077 system requirements released

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, that’s actually pretty low requirements. I’ve def been feeling like my GT970-i5 build struggling with new releases this year, so it’s nice to be back In the midrange lol.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

They need to publish the resolution, framerate, and presets this is meant for. This doesn't seem like a game that a 1060 6gb could handle at 1440p60 high settings, but 1080p60 medium sounds about right.

Also I didn't think an RX 470 would be a minimum, that's surprising.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: Yup. Video card requirements are basically useless unless you know what resolution they're talking about.

If I had to guess, I assume most devs are still basing requirements on 1080p. The number of people gaming at anything above that on PC is still shockingly low.

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CDPR have always been extremely fucking good at optimizing their games. I remember all the way back to Witcher 2 where people could run that game on their machines on rigs they didn't expect to. I don't know what black magic they do but I'm glad they seem to have done it again.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, that’s actually pretty low requirements. I’ve def been feeling like my GT970-i5 build struggling with new releases this year, so it’s nice to be back In the midrange lol.

Same build here, this was one of the ones I was just previously just writing off until I build a new system, and have definitely been starting to feel the age(Couldn't quite get Death Stranding to a stable 60 and so far i've been to afraid to see how Control runs).

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By BaneFireLord

Yeah, I'd like to see the receipts on the resolutions they're contemplating. My OC'd i5-4690k has been getting noticeably rickety trying to push 1440p with some newer games.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I'm all fine with playing games at 1080p, I think my PC is gonna handle this just fine, which is great news, because the SSD recommendation alone makes me think that the console versions might be pretty rough.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikewhy

My guess is this is their recommended specs are for 1080p/high (or medium/high). I have almost the same rig, but with a 1070, and that struggles a bit at 1440p/ultra/high FPS.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I'm impressed at how conservative those requirements are, even if the recommended specs are for 1080p.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
    lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

This is surprising, but very welcome. I'm in the process of doing a full system rebuild in anticipation for this game, so hearing that it'll run even better than I thought on a 30-series GPU is faaaantastic. Can't wait to play it.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm surprised like the rest but I do have to remember that crappy base console tech are supposed to run this, looking at you base Xbox One.

Cool that they're recommending an SSD, I wouldn't play it on anything else. I would like to see a breakdown of what performance I should be expecting with what kind of hardware. I'm assuming most of the pain will be coming from RTX and ultra shadow detail settings on the graphics end and population density on the CPU end if you have an older chip.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By colourful_hippie

@isomeri: have they mentioned resolution targets for these settings? Because I only see people assuming 1080p. I hope they put out more details like ID did with Doom Eternal when they listed 1080p and 4K recommendations (not that I'm expecting this to run flawlessly at 4K on even 30 series cards.)

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By navster15

@colourful_hippie: Targeting base current gen hasn’t really helped keep requirements down in the PC space. Control runs on the base X1, as does Doom Eternal and Avengers. But all three games shred my rig to pieces.

And before anyone says those games are “unplayable” on the base consoles, I’ve actually played them and they’re fine. I’d rather these games play with compromises than simply crashing out on an older graphics card.

stewart21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@navster15: Totally disagree about Control. Played it on a base PS4, and was surprised it even passed certification. It was nearly unplayable in parts, and horrible load times.

That experience is probably the reason I'm considering getting a Series S before playing Cyberpunk.

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By navster15

@stewart21: It runs much better on X1. Lower resolution (720p) but far fewer egregious slowdowns.

I would imagine it’s because Remedy is more familiar with X1 development from making Quantum Break.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice to know that my Surface Book 2 can run it in 1080p.

...So how about 3440 x 1440 recommendations?

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@navster15: DOOM Eternal is a bad example because that runs very well across a wide range of hardware variations. Don't know much about Avengers but both that game and Control (more so Control) have been well documented of occasionally running like butt on base level consoles but I know Control has been patched quite a few times now.

Control is only very demanding on PC if you're messing with RTX settings.

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By navster15

@colourful_hippie: I’ve put 40 hours into Avengers on base PS4, it’s fine. Are there slowdowns? Sure, but nothing that has affected gameplay. Playing that game’s beta on my older PC was a nightmare of chugging and crashing. Doom Eternal I was denied a refund because my GTX970 couldn’t run it and Bethesda told me to kick rocks because it was lower than min spec. But it runs great on the base consoles.

But hey, those are anecdotes, not data. All I’m saying is that it’s not a guarantee that games targeting base current gen will work well on PC. In that reality, it’s pretty cool that Cyberpunk presumably will run on my old PC.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: recommended should always be 1080p 60fps unless they state otherwise(besides something like arkham knight where it was 1080 30 lol). If anything I would look at their previous games to compare what they consider recommended and minimum quality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I am quite confident my Ryzen 3600 / 2070S combo will manage the desired 1440p@60, certainly with DLSS enabled. I expect the additional ray tracing penalty to be quite severe yet again, so hopefully DLSS can mitigate it to hit my target. Though I am sure it will look perfectly fine without it.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

I'm the kind of odd guy that has a RTX 2060 while still rocking a 1080p monitor. So if this is aimed at 1080p/60fps then I am cautiously optimistic I might be able to play this between medium/high settings with RTX on and whatnot. Also happy with the size requirements, will make it easier to fit on my SSD.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty much basing my upgrade decision on how this game performs at 1440p with the lighting effects cranked up. Kind of a shame I'll be playing through the first time on my current 1070, but hopefully the game is good enough that I'll want to finish it a couple more times after the 30 series cards are available at normal retail prices.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated system requirements...

No Caption Provided

LilNatureBoyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should be able to squeeze out 1440 RT. My CPU is the bottleneck, its not an unlocked/gaming one.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By frytup

I'm curious to see what exactly happens if you play it off an HDD. Presumably horrible pop-in and glacial loads.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Still surprised my PC is at/around recommended.

i7-8700, 1060 6GB, 12GB RAM

I'm guessing an i7-8700 is better than i7-4790? Also nice to know if I wanna upgrade down the line to make it look/run better, I can just pop in a nicer graphics card.

But also, I guess this doesn't say what framerate we could expect with these specs...

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
    deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm assuming these specs are 30fps. Granted the only recent comparison I have is Watch Dogs Legion which is 30 with full rtx at 3440(roughly half the resolution of 4k).

So unless they somehow super optimized everything, I expect these requirements are 30fps. Of course I hope I'm wrong hahaha.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be nice if more devs took cues from id in how they showed off their settings requirements and what kind of performance you should expect.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie: Even Ubisoft made a better chart for Ass Creed Valhalla.

I want the game to get delayed again so CDPR can make a better chart.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheHT

Flagged

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

@facelessvixen said:

Flagged

Oh, do forgive my irreverent sense of humor, mister or misses elder god. I haven't realized that it would be highly be inappropriate of me to make light of a game, of which I also highly anticipate, being delayed twice.

Forgive me for my insolence. I'll take note to take all things about all games seriously at all times.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

@facelessvixen said:

Flagged

Oh, do forgive my irreverent sense of humor, mister or misses elder god. I haven't realized that it would be highly be inappropriate of me to make light of a game, of which I also highly anticipate, being delayed twice.

Forgive me for my insolence. I'll take note to take all things about all games seriously at all times.

Hehe, I was just kiddin

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Haz_Kaj

Literally no mention of FPs

This thing is going to be very very demanding to run at 60FPs.

I'll be honest. Right now I'll be happy to play a unpatched locked 30fps on the series x. 60fps seems to require an insane pc even in 1080p. I doubt these benchmarks are for 60fps. No way in hell is a 780 going to run this more than 30fps at barely 1080p.

Ps4 and xbox one base 900p or below

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haz_kaj: I can see PS4 hitting 900p but you sound like an optimist if you think that One S is hitting anything above 720p. They released gameplay footage of the One X and Series X and that One X looks rough. It's just pure vaseline smeared across the screen, horrible motion blur around the edges, and bad framerate during firefights.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.