Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

Cyberpunk a year later

• 59 results
    eukara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Honestly, I'm still waiting for the content updates before I'm going to even try the game. Otherwise it'd just ruin my overall experience.

What was promised in every promotional material leading up to the game was vastly more interesting to me than what it ended up being, very evidently cut down to get it out the door. They put such an emphasis on some of the things being there that I people feeling deceived is in my opinion justified.

Random encounters! Own different apartments! Choices that bleed through the game progression! Never came to be, maybe one day - and then I sure as hell would like to play it... I'm just gonna spend time in my backlog for the time being.

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
    LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By LonelySpacePanda

My most anticipated game of 2020-turned-2021 is now my most anticipated of 2022. Heck, maybe even 2023 if that's when they will release the expansion since I may as well continue to wait for that.

I don't understand why people won't just wait at this point, if they have yet to play. It will only get better as more work goes into it. My only concern is they outsourced the nextgen port of Witcher 3 so wonder if this could be a another GTA Definitive situation where it gets pushed out too soon and then they need to fix that up as well. They are changing the lighting model completely so it's not a simple port. Likely to be issues, me thinkey.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lonelyspacepanda: This is just the same trap all over again though.

Cyberpunk is what it is. Maybe there will be an expansion in a few years but there is no amount of waiting that’s going to produce the game that people built up for themselves.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: It wasn't the game people built up for themselves. It was the game CD Projekt Red promised.

I agree that Cyberpunk 2077 will never be that game. We can see what it would have been based on that first mission, but they'd have to remake basically every other mission in the game and add a bunch of additional systems to the world. At that point why not just put that work into a new game or at least an expansion. It's probably easier to start "fresh" in terms of designing missions etc...

If you're waiting for the game you were promised then you should wait for the sequel, and even then who knows.

On the other hand if you just want a nicer console version of the current game with maybe closer to PC quality graphics it might make sense to wait for the Native PS5/Series X port. That legitimately could look much better, since the PC version looks great with the right hardware.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: Eh, sure I guess.

I think hype had evolved cyberpunk into something already out of control. Even if that vertical slice was totally representative we would have had a similar fallout.

edoone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By edoone

that game is still alive? any updates lately? oh my God what a mess of a game :(

Edit: Where is that next gen update? anyone?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edoone: It had fairly regular updates and a few free dlcs. It’s definitely in a better state for it.

It’s gotten quiet over the last month or so. Likely focusing on the current gen ports after they were delayed.

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
    LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

@efesell said:

@lonelyspacepanda: This is just the same trap all over again though.

Cyberpunk is what it is. Maybe there will be an expansion in a few years but there is no amount of waiting that’s going to produce the game that people built up for themselves.

Well yeah, there may be some crazy people so high on the hype train that they expect this to live up to whatever their most precious, nostalgic gaming memory is and then some. From what I've seen and read, it seems like something inbetween Deus Ex and Borderlands while containing some of the best missions ever put into a open-world game. I expect I'll at least enjoy it and feel driven to complete it. I think, when everything is said and done, it may be looked at as positively as Witcher 3 -- a game which is very beloved but still has people who can't get into it (*raises hand*)

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By Junkerman

To be fair the free 'DLCs' are not even worth discussing as it just amounts to some trash clothing that shows up in your apartment. Maybe I havent gotten far enough into the game where a second batch comes in thats a legendary schematic or something I can mod because as it stands I tried them on... went cool.. then turned into components.

There is apparently a free DLC car but I haven't come across that yet. As far as content goes, and I read through the latest road map very recently when I started playing, there is nothing in terms of what we were seeing with the Witcher 3 in the form of a steady stream of average yet still worthwile side quests and cool unique gear to hunt down.

So far after finishing Act 1 (before confidently concluding that the game was causing eye-strain and impairing my vision on the short term) I think the game will end up in a place where it will meet but not exceed (not even close) the expectations of the people that enjoy this type of game. As it stands I consider it Deus Ex Mankind Divided/Human Revolution level, in that it feels like it could have been a early PS4/Xbone era game graphics aside.

Willfully excusing the terribly outdated graphics I feel no hyperbole when I say the original Deus Ex delivered the intended experience more successfully and if the resources that went into Cyberpunk were spent completely rebuilding the graphics and gameplay for OG Deus Ex it would have been a more revolutionary experience.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: I think if they had shipped a functional game that is what this game is there would have been a lot less fallout, Much of the anger over the game is that it was busted on every platform and especially busted on PS4 and Xbox One. I played on Series X and I experienced serious bugs including the final boss glitching out so I could melee him to death.

Monstrous expectations are an issue in gaming by Cd Projekt Red stoked the fires with lots of misleading marketing, and then completely failed to deliver a game that worked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.