Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

Cyberpunk: To PC or to Wait?

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hello, like many of you I'm sure, I am considering picking up Cyberpunk 2077 this Friday when it releases. I received a pre-built gaming desktop as a gift in 2017, having been and still being a primarily console gamer my whole life. While it's been nice for PUBG, I still have yet to buy/play a game on day one for this PC. Having tested my computer on System Requirements Lab and PC Game Benchmark, I've found that I meet the minimum requirements, but not the recommended. The only aspect I don't meet for the recommended requirements is RAM, recommending 12GB when my PC has 8GB (I've included a picture for reference.) All that being said, I have 0 idea how any of this works, having never built a PC. I dont know what CPU, GPU, or RAM even are. So, my question to you is, should I buy Cyberpunk on PC this Friday? Or wait for the PS5 version? I am wary about playing the PS4 version at launch, even on PS5. Thanks.

No Caption Provided

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

RAM is, put simply, what the computer is using right now. A comparison would be a workbench - the tools and parts of the project you're working on are in front of you.

8GB of RAM isn't enough for modern AAA PC gaming.

Unless your PC has a very non standard design, replacing RAM sticks is usually trivial. Computer off, disconnect all cables, open the side, pop out the current sticks, pop in the new ones, turn it on, push enter when UEFI tells you that something changed, done.

EDIT: I see you also have a 3GB 1060. That is, I believe, the very minimum for Cyberpunk. I would recommend waiting. Do you own a PS4 Pro or better? You might have a better experience on one of those.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How's your internet? Maybe go with Stadia?

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For your info, your graphics card doesn't actually quite meet the recommended requirements either. System Requirements Lab has that listed incorrectly. It's specifically the 6GB version of the GTX 1060 which is recommended, your card is the version with only 3GB of VRAM. So your graphics card meets the minimum requirements but not recommended.

No Caption Provided

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Your PC is better than minimum and less than recommended.

So, it should play the game 👍

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

How's your internet? Maybe go with Stadia?

You could also try GeForce now! You can play it via streaming until you upgrade your PC. You'll own it on Steam so you wouldn't need to re-purchase anything.

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you're choosing between PC and base level PS4 then personally I would probably go with PC. On low graphics settings at 1080p I think you'll get a frame rate consistently above 30 FPS. My understanding is that recent AAA games like Control have struggled to maintain 30 FPS on the base PS4. On PC you've also always got the option of putting the resolution down to 720p to improve the frame rate.

If you own a PS4 Pro then probably go with that version.

That's based on my own supposition though, as I've not ready anything yet about how the game runs on consoles.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm gonna say wait for the Digital Foundry analysis and plan for a new build. CDPR's chart may say pass. Whatever system analysis tool you used may say fail for your RAM amount. But I'm looking at your CPU and GPU with uncertainty.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

My issue is my CPU

MY GPU is a 1070 so it should be okay (Though not stellar), but my CPU is a Ryzen 5 - which meets the minimum but I don't know how much that would chug

I don't want to get it on PS4 Pro because that thing is already a jet engine

Tbh I'm probably waiting until I hear better stuff about patches anyway

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thanks for the help everyone. I tried to mention the fact that I would be playing the PS4 version on the PS5, but I guess I wasnt clear enough. I figured my PC wouldnt quite be up to snuff. Probably going to wait until the actual PS5 version comes out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.