Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

Gun that talks to you and a Portal cameo (don't open if you want to be surprised}

louis0nfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I saw this tweet tonight about a gun she found and I immediately booted up the game to go get it. This is the coolest gun I've seen so far and I actually thought it was a fake video at first. It's definitely an MS Word Clippy reference.

I also discovered the GLaDOS (actual voice and cake reference) mission tonight. I wonder how they worked that out with Valve and I'm wondering what other stuff like that is hidden away on the map. Yea I know Portal cake jokes are lame now, but I was surprised by it at least.

Anyone discover other guns that do unique things like that or any other game references?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There's a real 'I know writers who use subtlety and they're cowards' approach to references in this game.

I will go pick up clippy gun though.

BahbBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BahbBarker

If you pick up that gun make sure you use the opposite of whatever you want. After 50 kills with the gun it will swap to the other mode permanently.

Also the references are Family Guy level of subtle. They suck and I wish they were either more subtle or not even in there.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, that mission was pretty cool. It's been so long since I played Portal, so I didn't realize it was referencing that.

There's gotta be an entire segment of players now who didn't get the reference either, I'm sure.

kevlarkoala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kevlarkoala

The gun you're talking about actually made me very angry. The gun presented a choice between auto-targeting the head or the legs for nonlethal takedowns and due to the playstyle I prefer, I chose the former. And because I'm playing this game more or less blind, I had no way to know that after 50 kills, the gun will revert to the opposite choice. It changes the gun from the best "go loud" option if you haveinvested into into a worthless gun that needs to be sold immediately. Very frustrating, because people who wanted the other choice can still have it by installing a mod to make it nonlethal. It feels like a punishment for NOT looking this up.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By firecracker22

I think it might have also been a way to force players to complete the mission that the gun is tied to, as well. Namely to perhaps make the gun less useful, and easier to part with to complete the quest. But, I mean that's just a guess on my part.

I feel what you're saying, though. I don't know, I think when it comes to games like these that are structured around alot of choices being made, ie: give X to a character, or choose to send X to this character, or choose to kill this or that character...I've found that I always end up getting an unwanted result at some point, no matter what.

That, and I'm getting the feeling that all the characters that are AI's, like the cab company ones, are all just dicks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.