Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

How has 1.2 treated you?

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Playing on XB1X, game runs quite well now until you get in a car. The driving is still exceptionally bad, but it's now the only thing that stands out to me as a serious issue. If I roleplay and follow traffic laws it's almost tolerable. Feels like a game that would have benefited from following the format of it's influencers, smaller sandboxes a la Deus Ex would have made this a much better game.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By bigsocrates

Is the driving bad because of the performance or because it's unfun and the controls are bad?

If it's the latter, let me advise you to get a motorcycle and never look back. The bikes control way better than the cars. I'm sure it wouldn't fix the performance issues if that's the problem, but it makes driving tolerable.

Or get the MaiMai. It also controls better than the other cars and it has such a low top speed that performance would probably be okay too. Win/win!

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only played a bit on pc to test and the city frame rate was certainly more stable throughout, but it is worth saying that I never saw any of the truly dire performance issues that others saw.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm still pretty invested in Nioh 2, so someone let me know if you don't naked t-pose while driving anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
    deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, after putting 30 hours into it since launch(got side tracked with other responsibilities/games) I got my first crash ever the first time I played it since 1.2 sooo.....??

Haven't tried again yet, will tonight, I was just in a car getting some NPC quest dialog. Had been playing for maybe 45 minutes before it happened.

Frame rate also seemed a little less stable(3080, DLSS Performance, RTX Medium). Usually get solid 60 but had regular dips to 50 after the patch.

Had zero issue before this, I mean some minor texture issues during dialog but nothing game breaking or anything that bothered me.

REAAALLY wish we could roll back versions, especially since it's not online.

Sargon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When is 1.3?

BoyNukem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BoyNukem

@reap3r160: my framerate has taken a hit too. Pre 1.2 I could max everything, but with RTX and DLSS off, and get a consistent 60fps. Now I'm averaging around 40fps unless I go out into the wastelands. This is with a Ryzen 3600, and 2080 super at 1440p. I can stick DLSS on quality and it'll pretty much double the fps, but I'm not a big fan of how it looks with it on.

On positive note, the driving has definitely improved. There's a much more noticeable difference in how different cars handle, especially the faster ones. It's nice to be able to punch it around corners without fear of oversteering into walls and pedestrians. I can't say I've noticed much difference in the bikes mind you, but I haven't used them much recently.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m glad all of the potential results for a patch are immediately present. Eh seems fine, Works great!, and Everything’s broken!

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The problems I had with Cyberpunk were only compounded by the bugs and glitches, they're not things that can be solved unless this game went back in the oven for another year and a half or so. I ended up realizing this when the patch hit and I ended up uninstalling the game altogether from my PC.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I tried it for a few minutes on my completed save and I immediately noticed that the game runs MUCH better. Steady 60 fps in city centre. Settings medium/high, no RTX, no DLSS, 1080p. Ryzen 5 1500X, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060, SSD.

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By ragnar_mike

@bicycleham said:

The problems I had with Cyberpunk were only compounded by the bugs and glitches, they're not things that can be solved unless this game went back in the oven for another year and a half or so. I ended up realizing this when the patch hit and I ended up uninstalling the game altogether from my PC.

Yeap. I'm very glad that they've been able to knock out a bunch of issues for stability and playability, but as Jeff has eluded to before, my most glaring issues with the game is much more fundamental than crashes and glitches. There's a scaling issue of what that world is and what it wants to be and that sort of stuff would take the same level of content patches that Witcher 3 received. Obviously, they can certainly do that over time, and have in the past, but what's there currently feels supremely bares bones to me. Oh well, this was a good patch and I hope they can turn things around.

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reap3r160:

I noticed a performance downgrade on my pc as well (2070 super).

Some people reported that updating the drivers resolved it for them. For what it's worth it definitely did for me so I'd recommend trying that.

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reap3r160:

I noticed a performance downgrade on my pc as well (2070 super).

Some people reported that updating the drivers resolved it for them. For what it's worth it definitely did for me so I'd recommend trying that.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm holding off until I finish other things, but I did load it up to see how it felt for a few seconds. Load times seem unimproved, and I'm still seeing the visual bug I've been seeing since launch during loads (not that big of a deal). I was in the apartment on the save, and walking around a bit in there it felt like the framerate was around 18fps. I can generally handle low without problem, but it was noticeable to even me. The UI seems largely untouched, and relearning how to navigate its quirks is going to be annoying. I didn't give it much of a chance, but the immediate first impression was bad.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By FacelessVixen

@boynukem said:

On positive note, the driving has definitely improved. There's a much more noticeable difference in how different cars handle, especially the faster ones. It's nice to be able to punch it around corners without fear of oversteering into walls and pedestrians. I can't say I've noticed much difference in the bikes mind you, but I haven't used them much recently.

But how about naked t-posing while driving? Is that still a thing?

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

But how about naked t-posing while driving? Is that still a thing?

Well, sometimes your avatar is wearing a shirt but it is always pantless... So, it is still there.

Blueprints vanishing from the shops bug is still there, NPC cars driving into certain barriers is still there, your avatar floating instead of walking/running is still there... So if someone is waiting for patch that fixes most issues, they need to wait longer.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean I do need cyberpunk to be always at least kind of busted.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I'm playing it on a base PS4. Prior to v1.2 I was having a blast. Only had one re-ocurring bug (camera doesn't go to last saved position in third person when entering my vehicle).

Now with 1.2 I have all sorts of texture pop in issues, crappy enemy AI. The vehicle bug is still there but the game is the shits now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.