Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

What platform are you getting Cyberpunk 2077 on?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Poll What platform are you getting Cyberpunk 2077 on? (360 votes)

PC 50%
    PS5 11%
    Series X 13%
    Show me the answers 10%
    Old-gen 16%

With Cyberpunk 2077 looming on the horizon (in fact some people already got their hands on it) what system do you plan to get it on?

The one tiny hiccup that is complicating my choice is the strange handling of the game on next-gen consoles. While the PC version is obviously going to be released "unlocked" with only your system being the determining factor of graphical fidelity, next-gen consoles are getting a backwards compatible version of the PS4/XB1 build - with no concrete release date on the eventual upgrade patch with all the next-gen graphic enhancements.

Looking over the PC specs:

No Caption Provided

My somewhat older gaming PC should be able to handle a 1080 High without a problem and maybe even 1440 with some fiddling.

So I'm leaning PC here despite kind of wanting to keep playing games on my Series X console. I'm a little torn because I do love the comfort of couch gaming. Now with working from home all morning and afternoon I actually prefer to spend the rest of the day away from my work desk, even if it is in service of just looking at a much bigger screen from the couch (also my cat has developed a habit of sleeping directly on my mousepad since the pandemic started..). On the other hand I know myself enough that after putting 100h into this game, I'm not just going to start over once that next-gen upgrade finally hits.. and I'll have effectively sort of gimped my experience. Who knows, maybe the console version will look fine.. but that demo video they showed recently where the switch from PS4 back compat to PS5 was quite literally a night and day difference.

So what are you getting this game on? I Specifically didn't include PS4/XB1 versions because if you're buying it for next-gen systems you are basically buying that version.

• 
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I don't meet those ultra requirements, but I do meet the high ones, provided those are for 60FPS and not 30. I'd really like to see this 1070ti last me longer than my 970 did... which was only three years, now that I think about it. Really doesn't feel like three years since I built this rig.

Anyway, I'll definitely be playing on PC. I don't have any of the more powerful consoles and I can play with a mouse and keyboard.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By FacelessVixen

Waiting for the Digital Foundry analysis to know if I can get 60 frames on my PC targeting 1440p with higher settings and RT reflections.

1440p/60 with some settings not at ultra and no RT at all is fine. But being able to only get 60 frames by significantly compromising the visuals would be immensely disappointing.

Edit 12/7/20: I pre'd on Steam.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

PC. Was expecting to have my 3080 in time, but even having it on backorder since the 22nd of Sept, still no signs of stock. Pretty disappointing, but it will make future playthroughs more enjoyable at least.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

How can you do a scientific poll about this without an option for Stadia? According to my back of the envelope calculations about 85-90% of Giant Bomb users are going to get this game on Stadia, everyone's favorite platform.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gave up on trying to get a new GPU for awhile, so how I'll be playing probably depends on how it performs with my 1070. If it can actually do stable 1440/60 at decent settings, I'll play it at my desk. If not, I may go down to 1080p and just Steam Link it to the couch.

Also kinda depends on controls. Generally speaking I hate playing any sort of FPS with a controller, but I'll give it a try and see how it feels.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#6 Marino  Staff

Worth noting that it's not actually on PS5/XSX until sometime next year.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Waiting for the Digital Foundry analysis to know if I can get 60 frames on my PC targeting 1440p with higher settings and RT reflections.

1440p/60 with some settings not at ultra and no RT at all is fine. But being able to only get 60 frames by significantly compromising the visuals would be immensely disappointing.

According to that list you've got a 2080 ti. This game's minimum is a 780. If this game can't run on your rig at 1440p60 high, then I don't think anyone's going to have a good experience.

Avatar image for jackiechansuncl
    JackieChansUncl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JackieChansUncl

PC for sure, I got lucky and was able to get my hands on a 3070 launch day while piecing a new build together. Also just upgraded to a 1440p monitor.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

PC. I exceed the specs it wants for 4K Ultra ray tracing (3080 with a better processer and more RAM than they recommend). I am hoping to play the game with all ultra settings and raytracing at 4K with DLSS. I really hope that is a 60 FPS experience, but their lack of frame rate targets in that system requirement graphic is a concern.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By colourful_hippie

@ll_exile_ll: yeah if they were targeting 60 I feel like they would have already said it. I have my fingers crossed that we will see a watchdogs Legion like scenario where DLSS performance modes can net you a 30-50% gain over native rendering. It's the only way I see, apart from dropping some RT effects, achieving 60fps.

I'm going to have my fingers crossed that I can hit that kind of target when I reconnect my rig to the big 4K TV because I want a larger screen experience for this game but I'm aiming for 1440p with my 2080ti/9900k. Worst case scenario I have to go back to my office 1080p high refresh monitor or wait another month when I'll be back in the States and I can finally get that Samsung G7 1440p monitor that would be my more ideal way to play this game.

If you're not a stickler for graphics I don't see why you wouldn't just go for the console versions if you're able to play on the new machines considering that they will at least run at an acceptable resolution and not look like a blurry, oily smear that the last gen machines make it look like.

If these PC settings are targeting 30fps then the only real thing you'll be missing on console are RT effects, better textures/shadows, and an option for unlocked framerate with better hardware if you already have it.

@justin258:I'd like to believe that and will be perfectly happy if that turns out to be the case but I have yet to see any footage of this game running at 60fps. I know it would be possible if you turn off RT effects otherwise that 780 on the minimum would be an absolute lie but I feel like CDPR has been cagey on what kind of performance you should be expecting out of that list of recommendations.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie: DLSS definitely feels like it will be the key factor here. They don't mention it at all in that graphic, but it's hard to imagine those targets for 4K Ultra Ray Tracing don't include DLSS being in play, even at 30 FPS. Control can't do native 4K at 60 FPS with ultra RT on my machine, but it can with DLSS quality mode. Considering the scope of that game compared to Cyberpunk, it's hard to imagine how it could do native 4K with Ultra Ray Tracing without DLSS, even at 30 FPS.

Bottom line though, I am going to do whatever it takes to get a minimum of 60 FPS. Hopefully that doesn't entail turning down too many of the settings, or anything goofy like the super performance DLSS mode that uses like a 720p internal resolution. With a very expensive new PC build that is nearly at the top of the current available consumer hardware, it would be a pretty big disappointment if a lot compromises had to be made to get good performance out of this game.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

As the hype settles in, I've been tempted to go ahead and pre-order for PS4. For a while I was convinced it would run pretty poorly on last gen consoles, but then I remembered this game was supposed to be out more than half a year prior to the new consoles and isn't even launching with those consoles in mind despite being playable on each. So I was psyching myself up to go ahead and get it on PS4...

But over the weekend I've started reminding myself of how rough The Witcher 3 felt at launch, and how by the time I'd played through Arkham Knight, Firewatch, The Order 1886, gotten hooked into Rogue Legacy and Bastion, enjoyed the first episode of The Banner Saga, replayed all of Uncharted in anticipation of Uncharted 4 as well as The Last of Us Remastered, greatly enjoyed a full replay of Grand Theft Auto V, was blown away by the fun factor of the Ratchet & Clank reboot, struggled through the art house vibes of Gone Home, Virginia and Abzu while experiencing a roller coaster of emotions in New Bordeaux via Mafia III, wringing absolutely everything out of The Phantom Pain, finally absolutely devouring the Wolfenstein duo and becoming hopelessly addicted to the gameplay loop of Rise of the Tomb Raider...I finally earned my final trophy at the end of Blood and Wine on January 1st, 2018, two and a half years after I first met Yennefer on May 19th, 2015.

In other words, I'm remembering that CDPR is likely going to have a lot of game crammed in here, and if I like the world it's going to last me quite a long time - The Witcher 3 is easily the longest I've ever stretched my time with a game. But it's not just because of the amount of content, and remembering that is becoming more important to me than even the amount of times I took a break from it. It seemed that each time I returned to the game it played substantially better than it had previously; I vividly recall the game feeling like an entirely different experience on the Dualshock a year after release and being a bit bewildered by it. Those two memories combined, of both The Witcher 3's immenseness and the immensity of the quality-of-life changes CDPR made to that game over a two year period, has me more and more comfortable with just waiting until an official PS5 version is announced and hoping I can pair it with a PS5 quite easily at that time.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By bybeach

Pc, after it reviews. I'm constrained to a 1080ti, so no ray tracing. Nor am I anxious to get a card till middle of next year, because I believe I will not have the choices I would want,(say a 3080ti or even some 3080 tentatively) and the corresponding correct price for such.

Also I want some professional opinions about the game, also. That I do so does not bother me in the least, having found it useful in the past.

Also to add, if I had a PS5 or series X, I might be a little more inclined. I like what I have seen of these consoles. It surprised me that I just saw in this thread that they are coming out later.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: this will definitely be something that will be supported for many years and the biggest example of that is that they still plan on developing some sort of multi-player component to this game with no signs of elaborating further on it for a couple more years after the base game launches.

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
    LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

I've become addicted to PS5's controller with feedback/triggers so now I might just wait for the PS5 update next year (I'm guessing late next year). I hope it is 60FPS. You can play PS4 version but will be locked to 30FPS which sucks. I have a 2080 so if the review hype is out of control (95+ on Metacritic) I might make an impulse purchase. PS5's controller rules so hard though. I really don't want to go back now. It reminds me of playing Wii games and missing HD from 360/PS3.

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only have a base Xbox One. PLayed through gtav on the ps3, I can play through Cyberpunk.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@justin258 said:

@facelessvixen said:

According to that list you've got a 2080 ti. This game's minimum is a 780. If this game can't run on your rig at 1440p60 high, then I don't think anyone's going to have a good experience.

Thus my concerns until the game is out, and the rough $1,000 that I could have saved by going with a somewhat more conservative build.

Eh. Yolo.

Regal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How can you do a scientific poll about this without an option for Stadia? According to my back of the envelope calculations about 85-90% of Giant Bomb users are going to get this game on Stadia, everyone's favorite platform.

You joke but I must say, it's not half bad. It's either Stadia, my 2013 MacBook Air‚ or the Switch. I think it'll run best on Stadia... and apparently they'll throw in a controller too if you buy the game. Maybe I live right next to a google datacenter or 'edge' but I gotta say, it CAN run really well.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@regal said:
    @bigsocrates said:

You joke but I must say, it's not half bad. It's either Stadia, my 2013 MacBook Air‚ or the Switch. I think it'll run best on Stadia... and apparently they'll throw in a controller too if you buy the game. Maybe I live right next to a google datacenter or 'edge' but I gotta say, it CAN run really well.

I just didn't want to include platforms that will probably get discontinued support this year...

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, assuming that the resolution/performance option shown by people who got the game early isn’t just a hoax, I think I’m fine with getting it for PS5 (hopefully the performance won’t just make the game look like shite to run it well).

But judging from the PC requirements, my rig should run it well enough, what with not having RTX or a 4K monitor, so I might go with that too. Gonna decide on review day, I suppose.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Onemanarmyy

So i won Cyberpunk during one of Steam's summer sales. Very surreal to actually win something, but sadly my PC is ancient. Especially after my GPU died. I'll give Geforce Now a shot though, had some good experiences playing Yakuza and The Surge through that.

andrewf87462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think like quite a few people I'm going to wait until it's out and see how it performs on my PC specs. I've got a 6th gen i7 and a 1080, so I'm hoping for 1440p/60. Might not be ultra settings but I'm happy to sacrifice some graphics for frames. I also have a PS5 but the PS5 upgrade isn't out until next year. If my PC can't run it well then I'll just wait for the PS5 upgrade.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
    SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ps4 baby wooo

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

XB1X, preloaded and playing 4:00PM PST Wednesday.

Looking forward to this game; not overhyped but pretty confident this is gonna click for me.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

The fact that the PS5 version isn't until next year makes me lean towards my PC, kinda wanted to play in the living room seeing as the game is apparently super long but whatever.

Ended up reselling my 3080 to go back to my 2070S as I couldn't find any game that really warranted that upgrade at 1440p but getting some regrets :'(

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

PC :)

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By monkeyking1969

I could play it on my new PC...if Maingear ever get the parts! LOL (15 days after my order, and it is still in the 'queue' to be assembled - 2020 I love you!)

So while I could play CyberPunk on HIGH if the chart Humanity provided is to be believed, I still will play it on PS5. I Just prefer most gaming on a console. The Sim and RTS games are for PC, but action, adventure, and even shooter games are just more comfortable to play on a console. My PC is more for productivity for me.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By theonewhoplays

PS5, when it's 20 bucks or so and all the bugs have been ironed out. Honestly the recent PC Shadowrun games had everything I wanted out of a cyberpunk - style game, and Cyberpunk 2077 comes with a whole slew of things I DON'T want in a game, so it's not very high on my priority list.

I'm also in the middle of a Yakuza marathon so...

Herak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stadia, I have a fast internet connection with a very low ping to a google edge node. An older gaming/work laptop that would struggle and no other console (apart from a switch) because until january I traveled for work for years. It works for me minimal outlay and I got the controller and chromecast ultra very cheap on facebook marketplace (sealed in box). Also using stadia really annoys a lot of people so that's a bonus.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
    thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Going for Series X and will probably wait until that actual patch is out rather than playing it immediately. I'm still only half done Yakuza and need to play Trails of Cold Steel IV after that. Too many RPGs, too little time.

planetary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stadia

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Series X

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.