Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dishonored

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

After the Empress is killed, her most loyal bodyguard, Corvo, becomes the prime suspect, and must track down those who murdered his charge and betrayed him in order to enact his bloody revenge.

Doing a second playthrough without any HUD elements

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@zenmastah: Those look nice and all, but someone (a moderator, or a forum user who knows the forum rules) is probably going to give you a hard time because your post contains absolutely no words.

It's a rule because otherwise people sign up for accounts just to post links to their Youtube videos or whatever else, and that's not being a very involved member of the forum community. So could you try and add like a paragraph or two of text to your post?

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if the whole idea behind this is against the forum rules, ill just stop posting images and this thread can be deleted.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@zenmastah: No don't do that, just edit the post and give me some impressions of what it's like to play the game without the HUD.

Other than it looking cool, how are you finding gameplay, etc? Do you miss the HUD ever? Are you realizing some things about how the game communicates its gameplay? Drop knowledge yo! Before a moderator drops an axe..

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@zenmastah: Are you saying that there is nothing to say about your playthrough? 'Cause if there is nothing to say about something that you are doing, then chances are that it isn't really worth doing.

Meanwhile, I could applaud you for attempting this but I couldn't ever see myself doing it. Playing without quest markers? Yeah, sure. I did that for a while and playing like that is actually pretty fun. Playing without no HUD elements at all? Nah, that doesn't sound entertaining at all to me. Just needless difficulty.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, first of english isnt my first language so without subtitles im already noticing the voice actors performances differently simply because i have to pay more attention to them.

Without the HUD i play slow and as methodical as i can, which is totally opposite to my first playthrough where i just went from marker to marker really. I mean its different for sure but all the info i need is in journals and the heart actually shows runes and bones through walls even when theres no HUD, so theyre findable quite easily.

If i were to go for a non-lethal playthrough it would be hard as fuck, but im not so the pacing is just much slower this time around.

Game has such a beautiful artstyle and im really liking that when im proceeding more slowly, im noticing it more.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

is this doable first-time through? i really love when i can view a game's world unoccluded by HUD elements.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Id say that its totally doable, but later on would get frustrating.

F5 is my new best friend, lol. Reminds me of playing games way back when when there was a decent amount of challenge and you had to actually think a little to make progress.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno man, the AI in that game is pretty cartoony and lame, and I still can't figure out whether I'm playing an open-world game or not.

I just didn't feel that game, at all. But your screenshots are great! Must be thrilling to play without HUD.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting more and more used to not having a HUD on, im really liking this playthrough more.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.