Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dishonored

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

After the Empress is killed, her most loyal bodyguard, Corvo, becomes the prime suspect, and must track down those who murdered his charge and betrayed him in order to enact his bloody revenge.

Question about Pendelton brothers and Slackjaw missions?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I want to get all Sokolovs paintings, but to do so I need to finish all slackjaws missions. Problem is, that would mean I have to get rid of the pendelton brothers non lethally. Is there anyway I can do all slackjaws missions and still kill the Pendletons myself?

Thanks.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Why do you want to kill the Pendletons? Other than them being jerks, I mean. (And really, a life in the mines will teach them a better lesson than just dying.)

It might be possible to give Slackjaw the code, then go back into the place and kill those dudes, but I have no idea how that'll affect the game. You could try, I guess.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zella

Pretty sure you can find out the code yourself by saving a woman being attacked in the first area of the mission. Then you can just kill the Pendletons and break into artist's house and unlock the safe and grab the paintings.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@MooseyMcMan said:

Why do you want to kill the Pendletons? Other than them being jerks, I mean. (And really, a life in the mines will teach them a better lesson than just dying.)

It might be possible to give Slackjaw the code, then go back into the place and kill those dudes, but I have no idea how that'll affect the game. You could try, I guess.

Because I'm trying to keep with the style I'm playing and sparing no one. It would sort of ruin it all if I let them go.

I tried going back when they were dead and slackjaw basically said ''Thanks, but I can't hold up my end of the bargain.'' I'm not sure if that means his side missions are complete or not though. I don't want to have the get to the end of the game to find out.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@NekuSakuraba: Having beaten the game, I can say that if you want to go all "kill everyone," whether the Pendletons live or not doesn't seem to impact the game at all. Friendly Pendleton has an extra line of dialog, and you might get an extra rune if they live (I don't remember). That's about it.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Zella

Pretty sure you can find out the code yourself by saving a woman being attacked in the first area of the mission. Then you can just kill the Pendletons and break into artist's house and unlock the safe and grab the paintings.

It's just that the last painting is cut off unless you do all slackjaw and granny missions, and I don't know if going back and having him not keep his end of the bargain counts.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By DystopiaX

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Zella

It's just that the last painting is cut off unless you do all slackjaw and granny missions, and I don't know if going back and having him not keep his end of the bargain counts.

I didn't do the granny missions and got the painting (the one in the apartment's safe right?)

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

You could just brute  force it like I did.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @DystopiaX

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Zella

I didn't do the granny missions and got the painting (the one in the apartment's safe right?)

Nope, there is one at the end of the game after you face Daud. Granny will be in the sewers with Slackjaw if you complete both of their missions, and there is a painting in one of the rooms in that area.
    Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By Opus

You can get the code, kill the Pendleton twins, open the safe, and still give the code to Slackjaw, if I'm reading your predicament properly. Slackjaw just gives some flavor text about having less work to do as you tell him the code.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Just wanted to confirm that getting the safe combination, killing both the Pendleton brothers then giving the code to slackjaw works, so you can get the final painting.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By BBQBram
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    Just wanted to confirm that getting the safe combination, killing both the Pendleton brothers then giving the code to slackjaw works, so you can get the final painting.
    That works, I've done it.
    micki_cooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By micki_cooney

I have this same problem. I need to get the trophies for ending the game in High Chaos and for killing the Pendleton with steam, so I had no choice but to kill them myself, and killing even one negates Slackjaw's bargain. It's nice to hear that someone has done this successfully, because Slackjaw didn't sound pleased.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.