Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dishonored

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

After the Empress is killed, her most loyal bodyguard, Corvo, becomes the prime suspect, and must track down those who murdered his charge and betrayed him in order to enact his bloody revenge.

The Knife of Dunwall DLC is totally out today

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#1  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It's $10 for 3 levels starring Daud, which lasted me about 2 hours on my lethal, eff stealth playthrough. The levels themselves are a bit smaller than the levels in the main game, but maintain a similar level of quality, all leading up to an abrupt conclusion and a tease at either further DLC or a straight-up sequel. Being a person who liked Dishonored quite a bit, it did a great job at being more of that kind of game, but I could see the length being enough of a problem to warrant waiting for a price drop.

Anyone else pick this up?

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Not yet, but glad to read your thoughts - sounds like it's worth a play. I just need a reason to play that badass game again.

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was totally stoked from the beginning. From the little I played it seems really high-quality, and I'm looking forward to playing around with the different skills and gear. I'm kind of afraid the main character ends up only speaking during the story exposition between missions, though, as I'd been hoping for more direct interactions.

Also, I had no idea it was actually Michael Madsen who voiced Daud. It doesn't very much sound like how I expect him to sound.

Can't wait to get home from work today so I can play through this thing.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It's $10 for 3 levels starring Daud, which lasted me about 2 hours on my lethal, eff stealth playthrough. The levels themselves are a bit smaller than the levels in the main game, but maintain a similar level of quality, all leading up to an abrupt conclusion and a tease at either further DLC or a straight-up sequel. Being a person who liked Dishonored quite a bit, it did a great job at being more of that kind of game, but I could see the length being enough of a problem to warrant waiting for a price drop.

Anyone else pick this up?

When they announced The Knife of Dunwall it was mentioned that it was part of a story that would continue to be told in one more slice of DLC, The Brigmore Witches, shame it means it comes to an abrupt ending.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@arbitrarywater: I'm having issues with Steam about this game so I wasn't able to get it yet but I have a few questions:

Do you have to collect those stones in order to upgrade Daud or does he start with all his new abilities? In the trailer you can see that when he uses blink, time slows so you have more time to aim it which is cool.

Do the events of the DLC take place simultaneously with those of the main game, before, or after? How does it tie into the main plot if at all?

Do you get to make "moral" choices like you did in the main game? Spare or kill, that sort of stuff?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@humanity:

1. Yeah, you have to upgrade Daud with amulets, but his blink has the time stop from the start.

2. They take place around the same time that Corvo gets out of prison, so yes.

3. Yep. Nonlethal is still an entirely viable option.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I dunno, man.. I kind of enjoy Dishonored every time I jump back into it (once a month since release, basically), but something about it is boring. I really don't like the cartoony art style and the twitchy guards. Even though the gameplay is totally badass and I feel great stringing powers together and being a boss, I still find myself closing it after an hour. It lacks whatever made me play Deus Ex HR for 36 hours in less than two weeks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.