Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

Increase NPC dialogue text size?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

There are plenty of HUD elements you can make larger in the game, but I can't seem to find a way to the make the NPC dialogue text size larger. The size of the box doesn't bother me, but I would like the text inside the box to be larger so I have an easier time reading it. I'm playing the game on my PS4 and it's a hassle reading all that small text.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

@golguin:

There's no way to change that text size but you do have an option to have the npc dialogue in your chat box.

Go to Main Menu>System>Character Config>Log Window Settings>Log Filters.

Go over and pick the General log and a filter window would come up. Tab over to Announcement and you'll see two options, one is NPC Dialogue and the other is NPC Dialogue (Announcement). Make sure they are both marked, hit your Triangle button to apply the changes and you'll have the npc dialogue in your chat box.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Some cutscenes will take away the chat box. Just hit Enter on your keyboard, which I really hope you have, and it'll bring back the chat box.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By golguin

@mordukai said:

@golguin:

There's no way to change that text size but you do have an option to have the npc dialogue in your chat box.

Go to Main Menu>System>Character Config>Log Window Settings>Log Filters.

Go over and pick the General log and a filter window would come up. Tab over to Announcement and you'll see two options, one is NPC Dialogue and the other is NPC Dialogue (Announcement). Make sure they are both marked, hit your Triangle button to apply the changes and you'll have the npc dialogue in your chat box.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Some cutscenes will take away the chat box. Just hit Enter on your keyboard, which I really hope you have, and it'll bring back the chat box.

I don't have a keyboard just the PS4 controller as it's the PS4 version of the game. Would I need to move the chat box to the center of the screen so that it would display like the NPC dialogue box or will the NPC dialogue box still stay at the center of the screen? I can read the small text in the NPC dialogue box, but it sounds like I would need to make the chat box huge to get the text to display at the size I imagine in my head.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai said:

@golguin: You can change the text size of the chat box.

Here's a link to a very good tutorial.

I would really recommend getting an external keyboard.

I think I probably will get a keyboard. My PC keyboard is pretty old so it might be a good reason to get one that also works with my PS4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.