Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

New Player

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Greetings duders!

Played through the free trial on PSN over the weekend and had a blast so I'm going to pick up the game tomorrow and start a subscription. As I understand it there is a recruit a friend system in place for new players so if anyone has a code and wants to grab some of the rewards let me know.

I made my character on Ultros as I think that's where the GB guild is so hopefully I'll run into some of you in the days to come.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If I can find a code then I can send one your way.

Edit: Looks like I have to send it to your email address which is weird. But I guess it makes sense. If you still want a code then I can shoot one your way, just PM me your email address.

grandCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hope you have fun playing duder! I've played a good chunk (about 500 hours) and just recently dropped like 2.6m Gil over the course of a month leveling a class just to make my character look nice.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandcurator: Thanks! I'm excited to play some more and get to the advanced jobs. I'm surprised how well it plays with a controller, it's been nice to play an mmo without having to be hunched over my desk for once. I could totally see myself doing the same thing, have to look good while you're adventuring. I was so excited when I completed the duty trials and got a set of armor that actually looked nice.

grandCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blannir: Yeah, I know plenty of people who play with a controller. Probably the only problem you might have is with classes like Machinist where you end up with over 3 bars of abilities and not enough hotbars on a controller that are easily accessible. Aside from that though, people swear by it.

Also, I recommend getting/using a USB keyboard for chat. Because it beats typing in the PS4 keyboard.

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandcurator: Just gotta do some editing in the settings to get 3 bars easily accessable! and a USB keyboard is a must, most definately.

@blannir Glad to see more people joining the game, I've been thinking about resubbing recently but I'm scared I'll play nothing but it again so trying to figure out a way to limit myself...

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insane_shadowblade85: Thank you sir, got the code redeemed so when I get my first charge we should get some bonuses in the mail.

@grandcurator: Got myself a keyboard today so I should be set on that front. Currently working towards a Paladin and while I don't have a ton of abilities yet I've found the cross bars to be pretty manageable. I've got 16 commands available to me on each set and it's easy to flip through bars quickly if needed. I've got combat abilities on set one, markers on set two, and misc. travel, run, pet junk on three. It'll be fun to try a dps down the line though and see how juggling abilities will work then.

@shiro2809: It is hard to stop playing at times, they do a really good job of consistently giving you new things to work towards and the story helps pull you in as well. I'm going to try and limit myself to a couple quests/dungeons on weekdays so it doesn't eat up all my time but on weekends all bets might be off ;)

grandCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By grandCurator

Gotta ask, what server you playing on?

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blannir: Awesome. Have fun, man. If I remember correctly you can join the GB guild (if you haven't already) by going to our Company house and submitting an application, or something like that. I'm sure the thread is way more informative than I am.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandcurator: Ultros since I think that's the official GB server? I passed a fellow with a VinCo guild tag yesterday but dunno if that was the GB guild or something else.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic
    shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blannir: I'm thinking 2 hours a day, so 10-12 after I get home from work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.