Rarest and Most Common Achievement

Steffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Steffs

I was sorting my Achievements by Rarity and thought it might be interesting to share. My Rarest Achievement is from Civilization V and is Tomb Raider, Pillage gold from an Egyptian city with a burial tomb in it. And my Most Common is from You Don't Know Jack and is It's Just More of This, Finish an Episode. Of course my second Most Common is from Civilization V and is Treasure Hunter, Discover an Ancient Ruin. Sort of neat that Civilization V has such a huge disparity for Achievement rarity.    Anyone else have any rare, not rare achievements to share?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By zidd

My rarest is the achievement "Stealth" from the XBLA release of Rush n' attack and my most common is the place a sticker trophy from LBP from back when this site had PSN trophies on it.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By jacdg
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By tebbit

My rarest is

Survival Beginner
Earn at least a bronze medal on any level in single player Survival.

So uh, I guess not too many people on this site played Serious Sam: The Second Encounter HD!

My most common was

Spoocey!
Grab the first Spooce in the game.

Wait... really?

This seems wrong to me. There is no way more people got an achievement in the PC release of Munch's Oddysee than LittleBigPlanet with it's sticker trophy... is there!?

The rarest one I'm actually proud of is

Suffragette
Complete the light world of the Cotton Alley.

That was a hell of a mission!

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jacdg

@Tebbit said:

My rarest is

Survival BeginnerEarn at least a bronze medal on any level in single player Survival.

So uh, I guess not too many people on this site played Serious Sam: The Second Encounter HD!

My most common was

Spoocey!Grab the first Spooce in the game.

Wait... really?

This seems wrong to me. There is no way more people got an achievement in the PC release of Munch's Oddysee than LittleBigPlanet with it's sticker trophy... is there!?

It's based on the number of players who have played the game and unlocked the, not total number of unlocks :)

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By xMP44x

The most rare achievement I have is "Hypersonic" from Mafia II's expansion, Joe's Adventures. I found it quite easy to do but still, if it's rare I'm pleased with it. The most common one I have, apparently, is for earning the caravan in Test Drive Unlimited 2.

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By hanktherapper

Five out of six of my rarest achievements are from collecting tokens in Spider-Man 3. The odd one is the Rocketman achievement in Toy Soldiers "Invasions" DLC. Most commone is 30 Ghost Combo from Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Commando

My rarest is from World of Warcraft. It's Wrath of the Horde. Kill 5 Alliance players in each of their home cities. Funny since I haven't played WoW in almost a year now. 

My most common is from Mortal Kombat. It's "Where's the Arcade?". Complete Arcade Ladder with any fighter.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tebbit

@JacDG: Well that makes more sense. Jesus, 100% of people have got that achievement. I guess you do unlock it within the first 3 seconds of gameplay...

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#11  Edited By alistercat

My Rarest is getting 'Sick' on all film goals in Tony Hawk's Proving Ground. Only 4 people have it on the site and I was the first. (0.3% of players have it)

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/sick-all-film-goals/90978/

I was also the first of 5 to sick all photo goals.

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/sick-all-photo-goals/90981/

My most common is Fairy God Mother from Chime. 99.7% of players have this... must be one of the most common.

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/fairy-godmother/51216/

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By benjaebe

Apparently my rarest achievement is a secret achievement from Guitar Hero: World Tour. I'm assuming it's the one I got for scoring above 222,222 as a drummer on Assassin by Muse.

My most common is for beating all the tutorial levels in RUSH.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By InternetDotCom

Apparently not many people beat Space Giraffe for ERROR_SUCCESS

On the other side, people seem to have managed to complete 1 episode of You Don't Know Jack

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Azteck

My rarest one is You will learn respect which you get for earning 1000 respect points in Mortal Kombat 9, my most common one being Cooking By The Book which.. means casting a spell in Magicka. None of them are that hard to do, especially not the most common one.

JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus

Rarest achievement is World Champion in Fifa 09 and my most common achievement is Treasure Hunter in Civ5

Ktargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ktargo

Most Common: In the Right Direction - Complete all tutorial levels (RUSH)

Rarest: Superstar - Attain a Time Trial star rating of 90 (Mirror's Edge)

Both of those are a little surprising.

gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gunstar

Rarest: Beat Bionic Commano: Rearmed on super hard.

Most Common: Shadows of the Damned: Start playing the game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FluxWaveZ
RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RobotHamster

Rarest:  Gears of War 2:  Seriously 2.0 

Most Common:  Portal 2:  Wake up call 

This is according to the site, it might change if you included PS3.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NickL

My rarest achievement is from Sneak King (lol) Area Master, get an A rank for all challenges in one level.

My second rarest, one that I am actually proud of, is from ACB Role Model - Get all the co-op bonuses in 1 multiplayer session. (I'm proud of it because I got it the legit way unlike 9(% of the people who have it)

Most common is also that you dont know jack one...

Man all this achievement talk makes me want to go find all the feathers in AC2 and ACB so i can S rank both of those.... Sounds like next weekends project.

nekobun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nekobun

My most common is Nostalgia, from Super Meat Boy. Rarest is Can't Touch This, for 27 medals in Game Room on 360. Man, what a waste of cash, but whatever. I loves me all the Centipedes and Millipedes, and they have freaking Pressure Cooker.

PozonPlaysYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PozonPlaysYT

My 2 rarest achievements are pimp my sidearm and above the law. They are from GTA V. Pimp my sidearm is one of those special platinum/rare achievements which means not too many players have unlocked it. This achievement means that you bought every attachment for a gun. I don't know if above the law is a platinum achievement since I got it on 360 and not One. This achievement means that you reached rank 100 on GTA ONLINE. My most common achievement is taking inventory. To get this achievement you need to make a new minecraft world set on survival and then you literally press the Y button.

petesix0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be certain "GZ - You Finished The Tutorial" would be my most common achievement on all things. I just found out my rarest is that I am part of the 0.70% of players of Cities Skylines who have used all the toll gates on their citizens.

No Caption Provided

And apparently this is also in the running for my rarest:

No Caption Provided

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By NeverGameOver

My rarest are from XCom 2 (pretty proud of these, though I'm surprised there wasn't an achievement for an Ironman Legend run):

The Few and the Proud - Beat the game on Commander+ difficulty without buying a Squad Size upgrade (0.8%)

Who Needs Tygan? - Beat the final mission using only conventional gear (0.6%)

Exquisite Timing - Beat the game on Commander+ difficulty by July 1st (July 15th for War of the Chosen) (0.6%)

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought I might have a few rare 360 ones, but I think the popularity of that console makes the rarer ones I have still pretty popular percentage-wise. Steam says I have a handful of less than 1% percenters which I was surprised at as I am not much of an achievement hunter (mostly out of time and ability rather than desire).

Bip! - Deliver 500 passengers in Santiago. (Mini Metro) (0.1%) is my lowest but a little cheaty as I think that map was only added to the game this week.

Mulligan - Build a Golf Course in a tile where you had previously attempted to build a Wonder, but got beaten to the Wonder by another Civ (0.6% - Civ 6)

Hermit - Spend 10 days on one island. (0.6% - Standed Deep) There are sharks in that sea, if the island you're on provides everything you need why leave? Clearly not many playing that game in the same way as me.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civilization series is basically cheating because it has so many achievements that are just "perform action A on tile type B while playing as leader C". They're not clever, not challenging, it's just a matter of coincidence getting them when you play the game a lot. There's one that's a reference to Raiders of the Lost Ark, like we get it, the developers like pop culture.

My rarest achievement seems to be Limbo - No Point in Dying - 1.8% (Complete the game in one sitting with five or less deaths). I don't remember it being particularly hard once you know the game and memorize the traps, you can complete it in less than 2 hours. That less than 5 death count was a bit stressful as there are a few tricky parts of the game (near the end obviously meaning you would have to start over), but I remember practicing those parts for a while and then getting this on my first or second attempt at the full run.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't think my rarest count, which are from Okhlos and Steampunk Heist.

Herodotus Disciple (0.7%) and Encyclopaedist (0.7%). I only have those because the game glitched. Since I never went past level 5, this is easy to guess.

Animal Planet (0.7%) and Big in Japan (0.8%). Those are a combination of luck (to spawn a certain enemy and recover a hat), owning the DLC (which gives you more chances to get them, and some unique combinations) and some farming. After that, there are internet guides about which hats to equip at the beginning of any mission to get the achievement.

Also, Forking (1.6% - Have your top 2 climbers at least 60 feet up and 60 feet apart in Basic Climb) in Mount your Friends, which is honestly not hard, you only need to look for it.

Googly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rarest - Finishing Spelunky without collecting any gold.

No Caption Provided

Most common - Complete the 1st stage in Raiden Fighters Aces

No Caption Provided

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Few and the Proud - Beat the game on Commander+ difficulty without buying a Squad Size upgrade (0.8%)

Fuckin what? That's.... that's really something!

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@gkhan: Yeah there are some awesome challenge run achievements in that game. I have something like 600 hours or so in it.

Did you know that a Reaper with a superior repeater and a superior extended mag can solo a sectopod (or a chosen or an avatar) in one turn using the banish ability? Especially if you also give them the shred ability and blood trail.