I ordered an SSD from Amazon and they sent me an empty black box (they said they would send a replacement)

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I ordered an SSD from Amazon to put in my PS5 after I saw a good deal on Wario64's twitter. What I received was...

The box has no markings on the outside other than a sticker with a UPC and a serial number, which says Made in China.  The Banana I bought at a grocery store but included for scale.  There was nothing in the box.  What's in the box?  NOTHING!
The box has no markings on the outside other than a sticker with a UPC and a serial number, which says Made in China. The Banana I bought at a grocery store but included for scale. There was nothing in the box. What's in the box? NOTHING!

I called Amazon instead of using the online submission because this was so weird and to their credit the customer service rep was very polite and agreed to send a replacement without asking for much proof of what happened. The replacement is coming in a few weeks but whatever, that's fine.

This is not the first time I have gotten a strange order from Amazon but this is the first time it has been a relatively big ticket item (under $200 but still) and the first time it was, I assume, theft at the warehouse instead of just some weird glitch (I actually own a unicorn backpack that Amazon sent me for no reason and wouldn't accept the return of.)

To be honest I'm not 100% sure why I'm making this post. The experience shook me up a little and I wanted to share I guess. I also wanted to warn others to open their Amazon packages promptly and not wait (which I have done in the past.) You never know what might be in them.

Again, not a banana. I already had that

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I just ordered a 14 TB hard drive from New Egg so I hope this doesn't happen to me!

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mellotronrules
brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Did you check to see if the SSD was in the banana? Lots of story's out there of magicians breaking into people's homes and hiding stuff in fruit.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got my replacement SSD. But Amazon put the small SSD box in a large box with a 10 pound item from a different order and no packing material. This is a company that once sent me a pack of paper towels that it protected with a bunch of additional packing paper, but my small and fragile SSD? Nothing.

Fortunately I installed it and it seems to be fine/working so I won't have to return it again, but man oh man,

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Glad it worked out for you. Stuff like this happens some times. I still remember when I ordered my current gaming monitor from New Egg and it got lost in shipping, because the company they used to ship it (Lasership) is notorious for making all kinds of mistakes with people's orders, but their rates are very cheap for sellers, so many companies still use them. I had to go through the whole wait and see if my complaint will be accepted nonsense, which takes business 7 days, before they decided my complaint was genuine and shipped me a new monitor. They used a different shipper which I requested.